2»

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    sky123 said:

Nerve blocks, I need info!

Hi Craig,

I am a lurker here, mostly, and am scheduled for a TAP nerve block this coming week. It doesn't sound durable, though, so I may have to work with my pain mgmt docs to find something else. I, too, have had pain for a year, varying from moderate to severe, and it is getting very old indeed. Can you point me in some directions for info on the types of blocks you have had? Any info is MUCH appreciated. As a fellow pain warrior, I am sorry for your travails!

HI Sky

I'm not sure of the name of the procedure.  It is a temporary solution.  They inject a solution that temporarily deadens the nerves for a spell.  That amount varies from indidvidual to invdividual.  I'm about every 2 months.  Then it is another month before I feel any relief at all.  In fact, it almost hurts more than what I went in for in the first place, but that's just the way it goes for me it seems. 

I'm still investigating this new procedure.  It is not FDA approved and only used on animals, but I'm desperatae so I'm going to look into it.  They are telling me pain free.  What a gift that would be.  I'll post when I know more about it.  This procedure is supposed to "permanently" kill the nerves so there is potential to get pain free.  A year has whipped me pretty good with this pain.  Minus that, I coiuld tolerate my 4th fight much better, but the pain has been winning the war.

We'll see.  Sorry you're in pain too.  I've just done my 2nd nerve block with the old stuff; it is just now kicking in to allow me to write you or even watch television.  It's been better than nothing. 

You will need to see a Pain Mgmt doc to get this procedure as they do it in the O/R as an outpatient procedure if all goes as planned. 

Take 'er easy for now....hopefully I'll get news that might help me, you and others.  I'll be a lab rat for sure going out on the limb with unapproved meds in my body; hoping to better myself and anyone else. 

-Craig

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

HI Sky

I'm not sure of the name of the procedure.  It is a temporary solution.  They inject a solution that temporarily deadens the nerves for a spell.  That amount varies from indidvidual to invdividual.  I'm about every 2 months.  Then it is another month before I feel any relief at all.  In fact, it almost hurts more than what I went in for in the first place, but that's just the way it goes for me it seems. 

I'm still investigating this new procedure.  It is not FDA approved and only used on animals, but I'm desperatae so I'm going to look into it.  They are telling me pain free.  What a gift that would be.  I'll post when I know more about it.  This procedure is supposed to "permanently" kill the nerves so there is potential to get pain free.  A year has whipped me pretty good with this pain.  Minus that, I coiuld tolerate my 4th fight much better, but the pain has been winning the war.

We'll see.  Sorry you're in pain too.  I've just done my 2nd nerve block with the old stuff; it is just now kicking in to allow me to write you or even watch television.  It's been better than nothing. 

You will need to see a Pain Mgmt doc to get this procedure as they do it in the O/R as an outpatient procedure if all goes as planned. 

Take 'er easy for now....hopefully I'll get news that might help me, you and others.  I'll be a lab rat for sure going out on the limb with unapproved meds in my body; hoping to better myself and anyone else. 

-Craig

Sorry to hear about the pain.

Sorry to hear about the pain. But very thankful to hear from you nonetheless.

Craig, I hope a pain block option will prevail soon and give you the relief you so desearve!

Love and Light to you.

And by the way, I think there has been talk about renaming this forum "Craig's List."   But someone said that name was already taken. :-)

Blessings.

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Phil64 said:

Craig, I hope a pain block option will prevail soon and give you the relief you so desearve!

Love and Light to you.

And by the way, I think there has been talk about renaming this forum "Craig's List."   But someone said that name was already taken. :-)

Blessings.

AlwYs thinking about you...

AlwYs thinking about you...  Living in pain, is not a way to live day in and day out, hope you get relieving results. 

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are un so much pain

Sorry you are un so much pain Craig. I hope the procedure works. It sounds like a root canal for the body. Let's hope you get results very quickly.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Phil64 said:

Love and Light to you.

Blessings.

Lol Phil 

Lol Phil 

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you, Craig!

Thinking of you, Craig!

• thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Thinking of you, Craig!

Thinking of you, Craig!

Always in my thoght

Hey Craig, Always in my thoughts. So sorry to hear about the pain, my daughter is fighting also nerve pain (Trigiminal Neuralgia) a horrible decease, also named the suide decease. Brain surgery did not work, so now we are out of obtions, just netve blockers and that is not helping much. I so know what you and others are going through.

i am still NED ( after three years)and send free (no more scans) by our local cancer hospital, very scary indeed. Every time I come on CSN I hope to see a post by you and hearing how you are doing.

Keep the faith my friend, you have many of us in your corner. much love and hugs, Marjan