Follow up to beginning tx for 1st recurrence

kimberly sue 63
kimberly sue 63 Member Posts: 421 Member

I met with an oncologist at the University of Chicago yesterday and another gyn -oncologist at Northwestern in Chicago. They both agree that standard chemo with a platium drug and another one such as gemzar, doxil or taxol would be appropriate. They also felt since I responded with initial treatment and I'm BRCA 1 that I will respond to chemo this time. They both gave us (me and my husband) hope that we can still beat this. Kim

Comments

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Glad to hear your news!

It's ironic, isn't it, that the mutation that causes the cancer to appear also makes us more treatable...so glad you have hope!

I'm on gemzar/carbo/avastin which is kicking my butt, but am halfway through and can start to  imagine feeling ok again.

hang in there!

xoxo Susan

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    scatsm said:

Glad to hear your news!

It's ironic, isn't it, that the mutation that causes the cancer to appear also makes us more treatable...so glad you have hope!

I'm on gemzar/carbo/avastin which is kicking my butt, but am halfway through and can start to  imagine feeling ok again.

hang in there!

xoxo Susan

I believe

there is always hope. Your treatment plan will get you back to remission. Prayers..Val 

• wholfmeister
    wholfmeister Member Posts: 315
    Great news!

There is always hope! You got to remission before, you will again! Go, Northwestern Wildcats!

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member

Great news!

There is always hope! You got to remission before, you will again! Go, Northwestern Wildcats!

Sounds good, Kim!

We're cheering you on from the sidelines!

Hugs,

Kelly