Sorry I don't usually rant on the boards but I need to get this out.

Options
2»

Comments

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Cancer does have a way of weeding out the "sort of" friends

from the real friends.  And it can be upsetting to find out which ones are which.  

I have a close friend from high school who lives in the same town as me.  She managed to come over twice during the two years I was really sick.  She called a handful of times, and mostly that was just to say "how are you" before launching into some tale of woe about her own problems.  I counseled her through multiple relationship issues while ill, took care of her after eye surgery, and I finally decided it just wasn't worth my energy anymore.  I say hi via text once in a while, but other than that I don't try to keep in touch.

You have every right to feel let down by this person's behavior, and to protect yourself from her negativity!

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Cancer does have a way of weeding out the "sort of" friends

from the real friends.  And it can be upsetting to find out which ones are which.  

I have a close friend from high school who lives in the same town as me.  She managed to come over twice during the two years I was really sick.  She called a handful of times, and mostly that was just to say "how are you" before launching into some tale of woe about her own problems.  I counseled her through multiple relationship issues while ill, took care of her after eye surgery, and I finally decided it just wasn't worth my energy anymore.  I say hi via text once in a while, but other than that I don't try to keep in touch.

You have every right to feel let down by this person's behavior, and to protect yourself from her negativity!

Thanks all.  One week later

Thanks all.  One week later and my only sugar was a small pack of M&Ms at the movies.  The funny thing is I didn't even enjoy them.  A fruit smoothie is a thousand times tastier than M&Ms.  Looks like I'm heading for a life change, not just a temporary fix.  If I am going to indulge in sweets, it's going to have to be something really amazing because slowly but surely, the desire is fading.  Week two!  Thanks for all of the support.  My scan results will come tomorrow.  Today I am at peace.  I'm going to go sip on some almond milk on a lounge chair and later I'll head over to whole foods. This is the first day in two years I have been truly relaxed and I'm going to soak it up.  Healthy, happy, peaceful day to everyone.  Cancer can kick rocks today right along with my "friends".  lol  

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Helen321 said:

Thanks all.  One week later

Thanks all.  One week later and my only sugar was a small pack of M&Ms at the movies.  The funny thing is I didn't even enjoy them.  A fruit smoothie is a thousand times tastier than M&Ms.  Looks like I'm heading for a life change, not just a temporary fix.  If I am going to indulge in sweets, it's going to have to be something really amazing because slowly but surely, the desire is fading.  Week two!  Thanks for all of the support.  My scan results will come tomorrow.  Today I am at peace.  I'm going to go sip on some almond milk on a lounge chair and later I'll head over to whole foods. This is the first day in two years I have been truly relaxed and I'm going to soak it up.  Healthy, happy, peaceful day to everyone.  Cancer can kick rocks today right along with my "friends".  lol  

Great to hear...

I bought a

Great to hear...

I bought a chocolate turtle with a mixture of nuts, put it in freezer and tear off a bite once a day.  Who can say no to a chocolate turtle from Casa de Fruta.   :)

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

Great to hear...

I bought a

Great to hear...

I bought a chocolate turtle with a mixture of nuts, put it in freezer and tear off a bite once a day.  Who can say no to a chocolate turtle from Casa de Fruta.   :)

Just one

I have Lindt Truffles. You know, those lovely little balls. I eat one a day. Or in the summer, I have one Ferrero Rocher a day.  Or one Pecan Delight. Or.... well, you get the idea. You don't have to go without, just one can be so satisfying. 

I also eat my one, when I can really relish it. When I'm in the bath. When I'm listening to music. When I can really pay attention to how it tastes, and how it feels in my mouth. 

When push comes to shove, its only the first few bites of any food that we really appreciate. So one chocolate, is perfect. 

I must look into Nana's Casa de Fruta Turtle.

P.S. Make it one 'good' chocolate. No wonder you didn't enjoy M&M's.  When you only eat one a day, you can afford to slurge on the good stuff.