Good News from PET scan-- learning to take these things with a grain of salt

Options
Susan P
Susan P Member Posts: 103

Hi all - I saw my gyne/onc yesterday & they are very pleased with the results- but there us a very small spot they are interested in following 1/4" square they are not convinced that it is or may be cancer because of its proximity to the surgical inscision SO I have an appt in 3 mos for a follow up PET & appt.

not NED yet = but he is courting me. -- I realize that the chance of recurrence is high - but in some ways I am lucky- while there are millions of people out there unknowingly growing cancer, I am going to be regularly monitored for signs of cancer & caught early if it recurs.As I am in the system  my gyne/ onc would set me up with the riightnew onc & the cancer center I go to rivals MDAnderson for quality of care -- just my effort in logical/positive thinking.

Susan P from Alberta Canada & 
tX & WY

Comments

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan

I love your positive attitude.  And if the spot should turn out to be cancer, your doctors will be all over it.  They'll set you up with the chemo that will kick your cancer's butt to the curb.  NED is just itching to move in with you!

Hugs,

Kelly

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I hope you get to

Ned real soon and then ask him to pay me a visit.

Karen

• wholfmeister
    wholfmeister Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Focus on the good stuff!

There is a lot of good stuff, most importantly, you are feeling pretty much fine.  Except for these appointments on your calendar, you are free to go about life.  Get out there and LiVE!  If NED is being elusive, just go LIVE.  I know you are disappointed...I am disappointed you didn't hear everything you had hoped for.  Like you, I go through the very long list of things I have in my favor, and just be grateful and move on.  you and me, we are in it together!