Anything I should ask?

Options
aamdsi
aamdsi Member Posts: 284

Have my first meeting with my surgeon/urologist since the surgery (3 month appointment).  Is there anythig I should askl? 

They just lowered my BP meds this past Friday - an I am still feeling woozy/loopy so that's one thing I will ask about...But anything else?

Should I make sure that my CT scan is 6 month?  Should my husband come?

Comments

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    I always take my husband (or

I always take my husband (or it could be anyone who is available) because when I'm nervous I don't process info very well, lol. So he is an extra pair of ears. Definitely mention the woozy/dizzy feeling. Mine turned out to be low hemoglobin (anemia).

• Galrim
    Galrim Member Posts: 307
    Options
    A bit hard to say...

...without knowing your histology.

In your profile you just write T1B and partial neph. If you didnt have any independant prognostic factors worth mentioning, then 6 month scan intervals should be fine.

Apart from that I would ask about creatine levels post-neph (assuming you had bloodworks done before this 3 month check-up).

If none of the above provides causes for alarm/attention, then you should just try to let the fact of being in the, almost, lowest possible recurrence risk group sink in and be happy about that :-)

Bring your husband for sure, sometimes details of these conversations/appointments slips ones own ears. Always nice to have some to ask afterwards "did he say that....?"

/G

• aamdsi
    Options
    Galrim said:

A bit hard to say...

...without knowing your histology.

In your profile you just write T1B and partial neph. If you didnt have any independant prognostic factors worth mentioning, then 6 month scan intervals should be fine.

Apart from that I would ask about creatine levels post-neph (assuming you had bloodworks done before this 3 month check-up).

If none of the above provides causes for alarm/attention, then you should just try to let the fact of being in the, almost, lowest possible recurrence risk group sink in and be happy about that :-)

Bring your husband for sure, sometimes details of these conversations/appointments slips ones own ears. Always nice to have some to ask afterwards "did he say that....?"

/G

Extreme hypertension

Is what got me CT'ed to begin with.  They now think that was caused by the tumor (wow first time I have even said that, oh).  they have now reduced the level of BP meds just this week. 

will ask about creatine levels though.  Had some elevated liver levels that raised their eyebrows a month ago, so hopefully those have also straightned out.

Thank you. Hopefully Mark can come.  His father just passed away Friday from Alzhiemers (sp), so is dealing with his Mom and all of that. 

• aamdsi
    Options
    YAY

Good news. Dr. said that all the blood work came back normal. Liver emzymes have all come back down, only one still slightly eleveated, but he's not worried.

All "aches" are normal as well. Chest x-ray in Sept., but will order a CT scan for the 6 month appt. too if I feel the need.  Otherwise, won't get that until the 1 year mark.

Told to keep running and as time goes by, the threat of it returning goes down. So I should live each day like I won the battle against it 8-)

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Options
    aamdsi said:

YAY

Good news. Dr. said that all the blood work came back normal. Liver emzymes have all come back down, only one still slightly eleveated, but he's not worried.

All "aches" are normal as well. Chest x-ray in Sept., but will order a CT scan for the 6 month appt. too if I feel the need.  Otherwise, won't get that until the 1 year mark.

Told to keep running and as time goes by, the threat of it returning goes down. So I should live each day like I won the battle against it 8-)

Running

Think how good your runs will be with all that weight off your shoulders.

• aamdsi
    Options
    Thank you

Yup.  Still can't stop thinking about "It", especailly at night.  But truly you all are a great help. Thanks for being there!