skiffin16

Options
catfish_58
catfish_58 Member Posts: 138 Member

was just wondering how is John doing these days is he out fishing?Hope he is feeling better,If anyone hears from him tell him to have a great Day.

Comments

• Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Options
    Update on John

John is having a lot of difficulty with his recovery.  He is still very weak, has almost no appetite and when he does eat, he has a lot of issues with digestion.  The surgery was major and the doctors feel he is doing as well as he should be -- but of course that's easy to them to say.  It takes a while for the new internal plumbing to figure out what to do.

Hopefully he will get past this last hurdle and well on the road to recovery.

Both he and Shelley are very frustrated that this is taking so long.

So good mojor and prayers are much appreciated by them both.

(thanks for asking, Catfish !)

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Ingrid K said:

Update on John

John is having a lot of difficulty with his recovery.  He is still very weak, has almost no appetite and when he does eat, he has a lot of issues with digestion.  The surgery was major and the doctors feel he is doing as well as he should be -- but of course that's easy to them to say.  It takes a while for the new internal plumbing to figure out what to do.

Thank you

I was wondering too.  I have been out of town, back home (for a week!).  I was looking to see if John had posted.  Sorry to hear about the problems, slow and steady wins the race.  Hopefully he will be able to get those needed calories.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    stay positive

Ingrid,

Thank you for the update.

Keep moving forward John.

Matt

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Ingrid K said:

Update on John

thanks for the update,

thanks for the update, Ingrid.  i'm keeping them both in my prayers.

dj

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

stay positive

Ingrid,

Thank you for the update.

Keep moving forward John.

Matt

Thanks, Ingrid

I have been wondering also. Abdominal surgery recovery seems to take forever. Although my daughter has adapted to her colostomy, there is still a new regime that must be followed to keep digestion in order.

Wishing our fisherman well and a sped up recovery.

Luv,

Wolfen 

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    wolfen said:

Thanks, Ingrid

I have been wondering also. Abdominal surgery recovery seems to take forever. Although my daughter has adapted to her colostomy, there is still a new regime that must be followed to keep digestion in order.

Wishing our fisherman well and a sped up recovery.

Luv,

Wolfen 

Thanks for posting

Thinking of John & Shelley and keeping them in my prayers. 

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Ingrid K said:

Update on John

Thanks

I was afraid the progress had stalled due to lack of his own posts. Just wish him well from all of us here for a few good steps back and feeling well enough to post here. That'll be a great signal to us all. Thanks

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Ingrid K said:

Update on John

Update on John....And thanks Catfish for asking

Thanks Catfish for asking and Ingrid for letting us know. Let John know he is in my prayers and don't over rush it.

Bill

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Ingrid K said:

Update on John

John

For now all we can do is to just keep our brother John in our prayers

Tim Hondo

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update Ingrid.

Thanks for the update Ingrid. I haven't been on in awhile so was wondering how John was doing. So sorry to hear he is still struggling. I am keeping him in prayer.

Debbie 

• josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    In our thoughts

Players sent to you both. josh r.

• Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Ingrid K said:

Update on John

Thanks so Much

Thanks so much for update on John.  So sorry he's having such difficulty recovering.  I like the others here was wondering what was happening since I hadn't seen any of his posts.  You are so good and thoughtful to keep us updated.  Please let him know he and Shelley are in my prayers.  Thanks.

Jan (Basketcase)