Alternative treatments

safado
safado Member Posts: 17

Have any of you left the country for alternative, non-FDA approved treatments - Mexico, Columbia, U.K.??

Living on the US/Mexico border there are nearby options - but they all seem to be "fluff" -- ozone, hydrogen peroxide, laetrile, etc., in nature.  I'm not opposed to trying such, but it would be nice to have some legitimate, scientific, peer-reviewed convincing data on such.

Comments

  • NanoSecond
    NanoSecond Member Posts: 653
    Oxymoron

    It is precisely because there is no legitimate, scientific, peer-reviewed data that these scam artists head across the border.

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    Alternative Treatments!

    Some natural alternative treatments do work very well, but as the costs of scientific studies are incredibly high, you are unlikely to access any for the majority of them. Mind you there are many chemical drugs being used without proper studies and are prescribed without question. There are alternative treatments being used in the UK hospitals, such as intraveneous Vit C with good results. Obviously there are many alternative options on offer that have no merit, but we should not discount them all. I personally know two people who have had success with laetrile and B17, this is widely used in Europe.

    There is an alternative supplement that has undergone many studies, named Avemar, it was built on the work of two Nobel Laureates, undergoing more than six decades of research. Dr Ottoman Warburg, being one, who won the Nobel prize for his research on cancer and Hungarian biochemist Dr Albert Szent-Gyorgyi who discovered Vit C.

    This product is used as a matter of course in Hungary for cancer, it is backed by the Hungarian Government, who have made it accessible to the rest of Europe, it has been the subject of over a 100 of studies. It is used to prevent reoccurrence of cancer, substantially reducing the risk of metastasis, it blocks glucose uptake of cancer cells. Also it supports the immune system.

    Dr. Hidvegi who worked on this product in Hungary has moved to the States. He has combined his recent research with American Bio Science. They now produce a stronger product named Ave Ultra along with ImmPower, which is similar to AHCC, which is used in many cancer hospitals and clinics in Japan.

    Djinnie

     



  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Djinnie said:

    Alternative Treatments!

    Some natural alternative treatments do work very well, but as the costs of scientific studies are incredibly high, you are unlikely to access any for the majority of them. Mind you there are many chemical drugs being used without proper studies and are prescribed without question. There are alternative treatments being used in the UK hospitals, such as intraveneous Vit C with good results. Obviously there are many alternative options on offer that have no merit, but we should not discount them all. I personally know two people who have had success with laetrile and B17, this is widely used in Europe.

    There is an alternative supplement that has undergone many studies, named Avemar, it was built on the work of two Nobel Laureates, undergoing more than six decades of research. Dr Ottoman Warburg, being one, who won the Nobel prize for his research on cancer and Hungarian biochemist Dr Albert Szent-Gyorgyi who discovered Vit C.

    This product is used as a matter of course in Hungary for cancer, it is backed by the Hungarian Government, who have made it accessible to the rest of Europe, it has been the subject of over a 100 of studies. It is used to prevent reoccurrence of cancer, substantially reducing the risk of metastasis, it blocks glucose uptake of cancer cells. Also it supports the immune system.

    Dr. Hidvegi who worked on this product in Hungary has moved to the States. He has combined his recent research with American Bio Science. They now produce a stronger product named Ave Ultra along with ImmPower, which is similar to AHCC, which is used in many cancer hospitals and clinics in Japan.

    Djinnie

     



    and who

    was that guy who recommended coffee enemas and other stuff I forget?

  • safado
    safado Member Posts: 17
    foxhd said:

    and who

    was that guy who recommended coffee enemas and other stuff I forget?

    My ex used to give herself

    My ex used to give herself coffee enemas.  To this day, my retinas have not recovered....  Laughing

  • Galrim
    Galrim Member Posts: 307

    Dont jump on the alternative treatment band wagon of "this works because my uncles dogs cousin once removed had a friend in Bulgaria who once....bla bla bla". Some may work, some may not, but all in all its a jungle of un-documented treatments and your time is better spent getting the optimal benefit out of the proven treatments.

    Have in mind that a lot of those who claims they took alternative treatment, and that it worked, had standard treatment alongside. And in that case its pretty predictable that said person would rather exclaim that "I found an alternative treatment myself it cured me" than stating: "I tried an alternative treament but it was a hoax, good thing that I still enrolled for HD IL-2 instead of relying only on drinking green tea while swinging a dead cat over the head at midnight on a graveyard while chanting 800 year old buddhist prayers"...

    Dont blindly accept whatever standard treatment or follow-up regime your country-specific health system provides. Be vigilant and scrutenizing as to why they recommend exactly you to take a specific road of treatment/follow-up.

    Within even high-standard health care systems there are big differences around world when it comes to approach of RCC treatment, even though they all have the same "toolbox" of data and treatment options.

    Just my five cents...

    /G

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    Galrim said:

    Dont jump on the alternative treatment band wagon of "this works because my uncles dogs cousin once removed had a friend in Bulgaria who once....bla bla bla". Some may work, some may not, but all in all its a jungle of un-documented treatments and your time is better spent getting the optimal benefit out of the proven treatments.

    Have in mind that a lot of those who claims they took alternative treatment, and that it worked, had standard treatment alongside. And in that case its pretty predictable that said person would rather exclaim that "I found an alternative treatment myself it cured me" than stating: "I tried an alternative treament but it was a hoax, good thing that I still enrolled for HD IL-2 instead of relying only on drinking green tea while swinging a dead cat over the head at midnight on a graveyard while chanting 800 year old buddhist prayers"...

    Dont blindly accept whatever standard treatment or follow-up regime your country-specific health system provides. Be vigilant and scrutenizing as to why they recommend exactly you to take a specific road of treatment/follow-up.

    Within even high-standard health care systems there are big differences around world when it comes to approach of RCC treatment, even though they all have the same "toolbox" of data and treatment options.

    Just my five cents...

    /G

    Unnecessary!

    Galrim,

    As a practicing Buddhist I found your comment unnecessary and offensive, would you make similar comments about other spiritual beliefs, I think not!

     

    Djinnie

  • Galrim
    Galrim Member Posts: 307
    Yes I would

    It was simply examplifying. You can replace buddhism and the cat with any religion or animal to your liking. 

    There was no intended offense in that to any particular group of belief (Or mammals). 

    /G