Insurance woes....****UPDATE****

Options
2»

Comments

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options

Through the crack....

Went the HR office today where I used to work....and lo....who should also be in the office?  The Rep for the insurance company....is that good luck or what?  So we called the main office, and it appears that my stuff "fell through the cracks".  It should have been processed a long time ago.  The supervisor at the main office handed it to a lead person, and things (hopefully) will be taken care of.

While I was there, I also found out my ENT is now in the network.....that means all the money I've been paying out of pocket for him will now  be refunded back to me....this turned out to be a good day!! :) 

p

Good News Phrannie

Glad it all worked out fine. And you get some mad money back to boot. Not a bad day.

Jeff

• denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options
    Woes

Good stuff Phrannie, it is always best to speak to the rep or broker, they have a stake. Now you have a steak

• katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Options

Through the crack....

Went the HR office today where I used to work....and lo....who should also be in the office?  The Rep for the insurance company....is that good luck or what?  So we called the main office, and it appears that my stuff "fell through the cracks".  It should have been processed a long time ago.  The supervisor at the main office handed it to a lead person, and things (hopefully) will be taken care of.

While I was there, I also found out my ENT is now in the network.....that means all the money I've been paying out of pocket for him will now  be refunded back to me....this turned out to be a good day!! :) 

p

persistance pays off

Sometimes this is all it takes.  I'm glad to hear they're getting this all figured out for you !  Plus a refund, yes wonderful news P !  Let us know if they follow through now.  Hugs sent !  Katie

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options

Through the crack....

p

P, that is awesome!  it pays

P, that is awesome!  it pays to be a squeaky wheel.....doing a happy dance.

dj

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

Through the crack....

p

I PM my account number...

Just to make it easier to deal with them refunds, I just PM you my PayPal account. Please feel free to send them to me. LOL Great news! Paitence is the name of the game with the processing of claims, it does take months and months for things to flow all the way through.

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    Options

Through the crack....

p

GREAT NEWS

Hey Phrannie,

That is great news, whoa, talk about serendipity, your work visit defines it!  Here's hoping that you will have smooth sailing going forward!

PATRICK

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Through the crack....

p

Hi P

Good news at last, I am glad for you and hope they don’t drop it again. I don’t know why they make what we are going through more hell for us, I sometimes wish I could show them through the phone but then I try to understand the person on the other end more than likely don’t care they are just doing their job, no matter how good or bad they do it.

Keep Fighting

Tim Hondo

• PJ47
    PJ47 Member Posts: 376
    Options

Through the crack....

p

The eternal "crack"

How does this happen if one is doing one's job?  IDK, hope they will do their job ASAP and get your scan paid at the hospital and glad to hear the ENT is now in network.  Don't hold your breath about the refund unless he has been in network prior to the office visits and the ins. co. is capable of correcting it.  

Sorry, but I envision many calls and follow up on your part to correct it, unless this guy is a crackerjack, but at least you have made a face to face contact.  

PJ

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    denistd said:

Woes

Good stuff Phrannie, it is always best to speak to the rep or broker, they have a stake. Now you have a steak

Pun

Denis, nice pub. See what you did there!