I am A Newbie

Options
2»

Comments

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Options
    In about 10 days

I hope you hear nothing but good news.  Welcome to the group, but staying positive that you won't have to be a life long member :)  The people on here are the BEST!  I consider everyone my extended family!

• HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options

In about 10 days

I hope you hear nothing but good news.  Welcome to the group, but staying positive that you won't have to be a life long member :)  The people on here are the BEST!  I consider everyone my extended family!

Welcome

Welcome to the forum.  I just read your response in the Good Morning thread.  Next month will be completion of my 16 years after final treatment.  I live with the after effects and try to maintain a positive attitude.  I pray you are not afflicted, but if so, this is a great place for discussion or have questions answered.  I do not post as often, but periodically check in and respond.  The "Super Thread" on the very top is a good place to have some of your questions answered.

You mentioned where everyone is from.  At the roll call thread which was just brought up, it lists the location of those who enrolled.  Another good resource is in the Super Thread.  Located almost at the very bottom is a thread called "Where in the World Are Your From".  Click on that and it will bring up a map of the world showing exact locations of those who participated.

Here's wishing you will have good news after your doctor's visit.  Aloha!

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Welcome to the H&N

Welcome and sorry you might need to be here. As I read you have gotten a nice welcome as well as some great advice. Like the others said,"It's not cancer uitil a Medical doctor says it is". Yes it can be very scarry until you know and you want to try to be prepaired as well, which is good. But, tonsiles do swell when you get sick, that is there job as well as lymph glands can get larger and it is nothing to be concerned about. See the Dr and have it checked and we all hope it is nothing. As for the amoxil, do you have it left over from an illness? If so you should not have any left over because you were suposed to take them all last time, right. So if they were left over it was not enought to kill the infection. You have to take all the antiboitic prescribed. They have threatened to take my tonsils out for over 50 years and even with the cancer surgery, I still have mine. Go figure, as long as they were doing surgery I thought they might take them as well, but no need. They did take 86 lymph glands but no tonsils. I do hope and will pray that your ENT will give you a clean report. But if it's not, remember, get an attitude that you can and will beat it and you can. But please feel free to stick around if it is all clean and just give suport to others that will also need it.

WMC  Stage 3 SSC Larnyx cancer and laryngectomee. 2013

• Sara1234
    Sara1234 Member Posts: 121
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Welcome

Welcome to the forum.  I just read your response in the Good Morning thread.  Next month will be completion of my 16 years after final treatment.  I live with the after effects and try to maintain a positive attitude.  I pray you are not afflicted, but if so, this is a great place for discussion or have questions answered.  I do not post as often, but periodically check in and respond.  The "Super Thread" on the very top is a good place to have some of your questions answered.

You mentioned where everyone is from.  At the roll call thread which was just brought up, it lists the location of those who enrolled.  Another good resource is in the Super Thread.  Located almost at the very bottom is a thread called "Where in the World Are Your From".  Click on that and it will bring up a map of the world showing exact locations of those who participated.

thanks

Cant seem to find that thread were people are from

• Sara1234
    Sara1234 Member Posts: 121
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Welcome

found it thanks

:)