Are there any runners?

2»

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    aamdsi said:

Been there!

Hi, NSB

I used to lifeguard and teach water safety back in college and have always been a swimmer...but when I started training for tri.s 8 years ago - whoa.  Just remember you can do any klind of stroke you want, even walking on the bottom!  You can stop and hold on to the kayaks for rest, the important thing is just to get out of the water 8-)  You'll make up any time lost on the bike

And if you did 600 meters you've done great!  Some sprints are only 4-500 meters too.

Try for one late this summer.  Not sure where you live, but here in MI we have them until mid-Sept.   You'll do great! 

The same day that they scheduled me for surgery 3/3 of this year, I signed up for 4 5ks, 1 tri. and an extreme relay marathon (that one is late Sept.).  Just to give me a goal.  Have had to walk 2 of the 5ks, but everything else will be a run. Just have to go slower than I normally would (as Icemantoo pointed out).  Thing is - I WILL do them 8-)

Right now am just a little sore in the small of my back, right behind the incision - so am thinking I played too hard this weekend.  Being sore an such freak me out.  Did I do something?  Should I call the doctor?  Is this just part of healing?  Eeesh.

Laurie

Freeze thaw cycle

Laurie,

You I and many others are from the great State of Michigan. Sometimes it seems that that is an indicater of RCC. I hope not although I do believe air pollution is a risk factor.

Slow down on the training (this year). This is not a race. You want to be around for the long haul.

Icemantoo

• aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    icemantoo said:

Freeze thaw cycle

Laurie,

You I and many others are from the great State of Michigan. Sometimes it seems that that is an indicater of RCC. I hope not although I do believe air pollution is a risk factor.

Slow down on the training (this year). This is not a race. You want to be around for the long haul.

Icemantoo

easier said

That's what my husband says too.  To the point of hiding my running shoes and bike helmet.  It is just that doing it all makes me feel "normal', make sense?

But sitting here now wishing for a heating pad...maybe he was right. ...nah 8-)

Just finishing is my goal this year

• aamdsi
    keong72 said:

3 year ned,surgery at dec

3 year ned,surgery at dec 2011  after 3 month starts cycling ,currenly daily cycling about 50km ,weekly about 400km 

out bike me!

even on a "good day"!  Wow!

Okay - maybe a bit slow, but what does NED stand for?  I am guessing something good

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    aamdsi said:

out bike me!

even on a "good day"!  Wow!

Okay - maybe a bit slow, but what does NED stand for?  I am guessing something good

NED

No Evidence of Disease

NBD  No Big Deal

Icemantoo

• GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    icemantoo said:

NED

No Evidence of Disease

NBD  No Big Deal

Icemantoo

I just saw a Tee Shirt.. it

I just saw a Tee Shirt.. it said..  "I am NOT a runner... if you see me running, you should run too, as something is chasing me..."  Surprised

Ron

• aamdsi
    GSRon said:

I just saw a Tee Shirt.. it

I just saw a Tee Shirt.. it said..  "I am NOT a runner... if you see me running, you should run too, as something is chasing me..."  Surprised

Ron

Love it!

RIght up there with

Grizzly bear race

I just need to be faster than you 8-)

Thank you for the NED definition.  Hope to hear it when go in for 6 mon CT scan in Sept.