Sad news - Loewenhart

Options
Alexandra
Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
edited May 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Maureen (Mo) passed away peacefully yesterday morning shortly after 2:00am.

There is no words to make it easier. We never met but I feel like I knew Mo personally. She was such a wonderful vibrant lady. 
I will miss her strength and encouraging words. Rest in peace dear Teal Sister.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Thank you for passing this

Thank you for passing this news on to us Alexandra.

May she have peace and I pray for her family.

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

Thank you for passing this

Thank you for passing this news on to us Alexandra.

May she have peace and I pray for her family.

Oh dear

I'm so sorry to learn of Mo's passing.  I looked back through the discussion topics to see when she last posted a new topic.  I think it was last November when she was having problems with ascites.  I know she fought the good fight and she will be greatly missed.  My deepest condolences go out to her family.

Thanks for letting us know, Alexandra.

Kelly

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Options

Oh dear

I'm so sorry to learn of Mo's passing.  I looked back through the discussion topics to see when she last posted a new topic.  I think it was last November when she was having problems with ascites.  I know she fought the good fight and she will be greatly missed.  My deepest condolences go out to her family.

Thanks for letting us know, Alexandra.

Kelly

Mo

Mo didn't post in a while, but we were exchanging emails. She was on Taxol / Avastin chemo and had to pay for Avastin out of pocket because it is not yet approved in Canada. She also tried naturopath and high-dose vitamin C injections. She was hospitalized twice for weeks with bowel obstructions. Her last email a week ago said that she was back home on a feeding tube but feeling better. I was just thinking of going to visit her (we live about 20 miles away from each other). 

Mo's husband let me know about her passing and it was a complete shock.

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Mo

Mo didn't post in a while, but we were exchanging emails. She was on Taxol / Avastin chemo and had to pay for Avastin out of pocket because it is not yet approved in Canada. She also tried naturopath and high-dose vitamin C injections. She was hospitalized twice for weeks with bowel obstructions. Her last email a week ago said that she was back home on a feeding tube but feeling better. I was just thinking of going to visit her (we live about 20 miles away from each other). 

So sorry to hear this...

Thanks for letting us know. Another angel to watch over us ...   ;-(

Please send my condolences to her family.

Susan

• Hearty Pioneer
    Hearty Pioneer Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Mo

So sorry

Wow, such sad news. So sorry. 

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

So sorry

Wow, such sad news. So sorry. 

Sad to hear this

thank you for letting us know....Val