good news this week

jcruz
jcruz Member Posts: 379 Member

I had a PET scan last week and met with my two oncologists.  The scan this time was clear, unambiguous.  Such a relief.  The last scan I had resulted in a follow-up biopsy because of an elevated SUV reading.  So nice to have both doctors say "good news".  More good news from my medical oncologist who said unless I feel the need to see him I don't have to go back to him until next April.  So I got to say good-bye in December to my gyno-oncologist and I've got a whole year before I see this guy again.  Surgeon in August, will probably have to do the anoscopy under anesthesia which is okay by me.  Then another scan and the rad onc. in October.  Icing on the doctor cake-I think my antidepressant is beginning to kick in.  Finally don't feel so much like I'm drowning.

I appreciate this group so much.  Thank you all for all of us taking care of each other!

Janet

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Janet

Woohoo!  Thanks for sharing all of your good news with us!  Wow, what will you do with all of that time off from doctor's appts?  Hopefully, enjoy life without worries!  I wish you all the best and continued good health!

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    mp327 said:

Janet

Woohoo!  Thanks for sharing all of your good news with us!  Wow, what will you do with all of that time off from doctor's appts?  Hopefully, enjoy life without worries!  I wish you all the best and continued good health!

Janet

Phew! So pleased for you!

Long may you have good results & health

Liz

• TraceyUSA
    TraceyUSA Member Posts: 316
    WOOHOO!

So glad for your good news!  I know how good this makes you feel, I was happy to graduate to 6 months between appointments.