Debbie Jim & I

Hondo
Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member

Hi Debbie

I can’t help but think about you and how you are doing now that Jim is resting. Please continue to be a part of the family here as you have a great amount of knowledge that can help other caregivers in dealing with what we go through. I will continue to keep you in prayer and thank you for all you did for Jim, I know that sometimes it was hell but that is all a part of this terrible disease. May God bless you and all caregivers like you for what you do every day for us.

Thank you so much

Tim Hondo      

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Like!!

Wish there was a like button here!!  I'm with Tim.....you are a part of the family here....and have a deep understanding of what caregivers go through and what they need to know.

p

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Thank you so much. I had a

Thank you so much. I had a few days this week that were pretty good, I guess that was the numbness they talk about. Last night was awful, I couldn't go to sleep until 5am. My alarm was set for 7 am because my sister was coming to take me to VA at 9 am. I called her at 7:30 and canceled. Maybe tomorrow. I think I am depressed because I picked up Jim's ashes yesterday. Made it real.

The best advice I can give caregivers is to treasure every moment and be fully present during even the mundane. Everyone will tell you to take care of yourself, to take time to yourself, I found that hard to do and regret not staying at the Hospice facility every night. If I had known he would be gone the next week, I would have been there 24/7. Like Jesus said, "No one knows the hour."

I will continue to follow this board and pray for all on it. I am waiting for God to show me where he is calling me to minister. However, I knew from the beginning that this board was part of whatever God calls me to next. Praise God for bringing me here.

Blessings my friend.

Debbie

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member

Like!!

Wish there was a like button here!!  I'm with Tim.....you are a part of the family here....and have a deep understanding of what caregivers go through and what they need to know.

p

Thank you Phrannie. I will

Thank you Phrannie. I will continue to follow and pray for all on this board.

Debbie

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    debbie, you are definitely an

debbie, you are definitely an important part of this family and i'm glad that you will continue to hang around and help us and others who are just starting their jouney.  you are a blessing to this site and much needed.  thank you for caring enuf to hang out and help.  you are a very special kind of lady!

love and prayers,

dj

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    jim and i said:

Thank you so much. I had a few days this week that were pretty good, I guess that was the numbness they talk about. Last night was awful, I couldn't go to sleep until 5am. My alarm was set for 7 am because my sister was coming to take me to VA at 9 am. I called her at 7:30 and canceled. Maybe tomorrow. I think I am depressed because I picked up Jim's ashes yesterday. Made it real.

The best advice I can give caregivers is to treasure every moment and be fully present during even the mundane. Everyone will tell you to take care of yourself, to take time to yourself, I found that hard to do and regret not staying at the Hospice facility every night. If I had known he would be gone the next week, I would have been there 24/7. Like Jesus said, "No one knows the hour."

I will continue to follow this board and pray for all on it. I am waiting for God to show me where he is calling me to minister. However, I knew from the beginning that this board was part of whatever God calls me to next. Praise God for bringing me here.

Blessings my friend.

Debbie

Thank you Debbie........

Thank you Debbie........ 

• kimnavarette
    kimnavarette Member Posts: 19
    Think of you often! I pay for

Think of you often! I pay for peace and comfort. You are such a wealth of knowledge that I pray you don't leave us here. Continue to stop in. Know that we are all glad to see you!

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    jim and i said:

Blessings my friend.

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Time is Gods healer and it is He who gives us the strength and courage to keep going no matter what live brings into our path. Just keep your focus on Him and He will light your path and bring healing into your heart. I know it was hard for you when you went to pick up Jim ashes but look at it like this, he is still there with you.

God Bless

Tim Hondo