Good Vibes needed

Mikemetz
Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member

After several months of anticipation and wishing there was another option, I'm having my jaw resection on Thursday.  And, none too soon.  I have another bone shard on the brink of coming out, which would leave very little of my left jaw intact, and open to easy fracture or a break.

I am as ready as I can be for the long procedure and the long recovery period.  I have great doctors, great support from "Team Mike", my wife, and so many folks on CSN.

So, please send some Good Vibes on Thursday and for the next few days.  The first 2-3 days will tell if the surgery was successful.

I'll post here when I can to give updates.

Mike

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Sending a ton of

positive thoughts, prayers, good vibes and for extra measure I'll be crossing all my digits, Mike.  Tucking you into my pocket, too :)

p

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710

Sending a ton of

positive thoughts, prayers, good vibes and for extra measure I'll be crossing all my digits, Mike.  Tucking you into my pocket, too :)

p

Positive Charge

On its way to you Mike. All the best to you mate. G.

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Good luck mike. My prayers

Good luck mike. My prayers are with u. Stay positive so that positive things will happen :)

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    mike, i'm sorry you need to

mike, i'm sorry you need to have this done but i'm thankful that you have a team you feel safe with and that you know you have a good support team as well.  we will all be here waiting to hear good news on your recovery.  sending you lots of good mojo, positive thoughts, and prayers.  i will be thinking of you thursday and saying an extra prayer for you, your surgical team and your family! also praying for the surgery to be successful.  please know we are with you in spirit.

God bless you, Mike,

dj

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    sending Good Vibes

Mike,

Sending you a shot of “good vibes” followed by some slow-release “good vibes” for the duration.

Good luck and good healing,

Matt

• Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    you can do this

Mike

darn cancer...just doesn't want to give up some times.  Sorry you are facing a new surgery, but with all you have already been through you know.....

YOU'VE GOT THIS......

but just in case, will send prayers your way for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

• luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Good vibes on the way

Mike, good vibes, positive MOJO, thumbs up, high fives are all on the way.

Best

Mike

• osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Best wishes

Ditto what L4L said and much more 

linda 

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Mike

I too have a lot of Jaw problems; right now I can’t open my mouth more then1/2 inch. Every time I stretch it with one of the Jaw devices I have, it only makes it get smaller and get my teeth hurting. Please keep me up dated on your surgery as it might be something I can do in the future to try and open my mouth some.

Wishing you the best

Tim Hondo   

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Best of luck

and prayers that all goes as planned, may God guide your surgical teams hands...

• Steve5
    Steve5 Member Posts: 147
    Sending Good Vibes

Good Vibes your way Good Vibes your way Good Vibes your way

Steve

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Sending prayers for

Sending prayers for successful surgery, comfort and speedy recovery. Also praying for comfort and peace for your wife.

Debbie

• lorig01
    lorig01 Member Posts: 83
    Good Luck

I will be thinking of you and praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery on Thursday.  Good vibes will be sent to you!!

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    Vibes

Mike, lots of good vibes hitting you hard from Texas right now!

Good luck and a speedy recovery,

Keith

• ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Hey Mike

Just wanted to get in here and say you are in Diane and I's prayers.  She watches CSN more than CBS, so I am always aware of whats going on.  However when folks that were there for me from day one have an issue I want to personally respond.  And indeed you responded to my very first posting, whether it was worth fighting this beast.  So you go in there and let the doctors kick butt (or Jaw ) and do what you do best come back stronger than before.  This all sucks in the big scheme of things, but if anyone can get thru this you can.  God Bless you and your family..........................

• kimnavarette
    kimnavarette Member Posts: 19
    Sending many prayers your

Sending many prayers your way!

• josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    positive energy being sent

Hi Mike,

Sending you all the best for your successful procedure and rapid recovery. josh r.

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    josh r. said:

positive energy being sent

Hi Mike,

Sending you all the best for your successful procedure and rapid recovery. josh r.

T-minus 10 hours--thanks for the support

My wife and I had a great dinner, a little wine, and now it's time to hit the pillow.  I am ready for this, and appreciate everyone's support to help get me there.  I'll post once they wake me up and my head clears, probably on Monday.

mike

• hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Good thoughts Mike

mike

will be thinkng about you tomorrow.  Good vibes coming east full speed ahead.

best 

steve

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Mikemetz said:

T-minus 10 hours--thanks for the support

My wife and I had a great dinner, a little wine, and now it's time to hit the pillow.  I am ready for this, and appreciate everyone's support to help get me there.  I'll post once they wake me up and my head clears, probably on Monday.

mike

mike, will be thinking of and

mike, will be thinking of and praying for you and your wife.  look forward to hearing something on monday.

God bless you,

dj