Condolences for Guzzle

denistd
denistd Member Posts: 597
edited April 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

I think the worst thing for Guzzle as he gets into the treatment for his affliction is to do so on the heels of a loss by his beloved Liverpool football team. I have just watched Liverpool playing Chelsea and was rooting all the way for Liverpool and Guz, alas LFC did not win, they suffered a loss of 2-0. This game had high implications for the Premier League championship. I know most of the non-Brits here do not know what I am talkng about, but hang in there Guz, your health can now take centre stage. Denis

Comments

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Mugged!

Cheers Denis. Chelsea parked the bus in front of our goal and we had no answer! Clever manager Mourinho. Hey Ho. We have an outside chance!

• denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Guzzle said:

Mugged!

Cheers Denis. Chelsea parked the bus in front of our goal and we had no answer! Clever manager Mourinho. Hey Ho. We have an outside chance!

Right

Right, an early Chelsea goal and then put 10 men back, Liverpool had 75% of the possession, the last goal was purly because of Liverpool having 10 men up front. Yeah still an ouside chance. Is Lampard the son of West Ham's old fullback Frank Lampard?

• Guzzle
    denistd said:

Right

Right, an early Chelsea goal and then put 10 men back, Liverpool had 75% of the possession, the last goal was purly because of Liverpool having 10 men up front. Yeah still an ouside chance. Is Lampard the son of West Ham's old fullback Frank Lampard?

Lampard

Denis, yes and he also started at the Hammers before "chelski" bought him with Russian money from Abramovich! Man City have to win four games. We have to win two as they have two in hand and maintain better goal difference. Chelsea still in it. Better get ready for Week 2. No chemotherapy this week just radiotherapy each day. Regards, Gary.

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    Soccer vs football

Guzzle/Denis, I wish I knew enough about the teams to be able to come back with a wise comment but with my limited knowledge of the teams and the game of soccer overall ( soccer not football:)),it would give you guys way too much ammo to come right back at me with something even better so i'll just wish Guzzle all the best in his 2nd week of treatments!   after this week you will be almost 1/3 finished so another big milestone in my book. 

Enjoy your curry and beer regardless of who's playing as it's a good excuse to have a beer and some food.   

Good luck this week,

Keith

• NelsonOng
    NelsonOng Member Posts: 47
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Hi Guzzle, I'm from Singapore and nearing one year out of last treatment of radiotherapy n chemo. Hv a neck dissection of 15 hr surgery last year in Jan to remove my left jaw n 6cm cancer tumour wt left fibula to reconstruct jaw. I'm back on my usual long distance run n exercise. Still side effects of dry mouth/ stiff neck/ ear ringing which is doable. 

Well, you're entering your 2nd wk of treatment n then 3rd to end treatment. Journey is rough like I say doable. Ask questions here if you find uneasiness on your treatment and many here will help. 

Back to BPL, I'm sad that we lost the game to chelski and I know Brendan Rodgers team wl definitely comeback strongly. When I was 6 (do not know much of football then), our legendary Bill Shankly resigned. Saw liverpool lift up many cups n now when we hope to lift the BPL trophy this season, yesterday game took a turn. We'll we still has a outside chance n hope Citeh n Chelski slipped.  Anyway I am very happy for the team that they over achieved this season.

Guzzle, you will be doing fine and am Sending positive thoughts n prayers to you. 

You'll Never Walk Alone......

Nelson

• Guzzle
    NelsonOng said:

You'll Never Walk Alone

Hi Guzzle, I'm from Singapore and nearing one year out of last treatment of radiotherapy n chemo. Hv a neck dissection of 15 hr surgery last year in Jan to remove my left jaw n 6cm cancer tumour wt left fibula to reconstruct jaw. I'm back on my usual long distance run n exercise. Still side effects of dry mouth/ stiff neck/ ear ringing which is doable. 

Well, you're entering your 2nd wk of treatment n then 3rd to end treatment. Journey is rough like I say doable. Ask questions here if you find uneasiness on your treatment and many here will help. 

Back to BPL, I'm sad that we lost the game to chelski and I know Brendan Rodgers team wl definitely comeback strongly. When I was 6 (do not know much of football then), our legendary Bill Shankly resigned. Saw liverpool lift up many cups n now when we hope to lift the BPL trophy this season, yesterday game took a turn. We'll we still has a outside chance n hope Citeh n Chelski slipped.  Anyway I am very happy for the team that they over achieved this season.

Guzzle, you will be doing fine and am Sending positive thoughts n prayers to you. 

Nelson

NFL

Keith my knowledge of NFL would embarrass me! So you are not alone! Nelson, glad you have recovered. I knew LFC were big in Singapore. 15 hours wow! Start week 2 today. Rads only this week. Going for little jig to dislodge mucus whilst still can as got bit of stitch with coughing. Everton may beat CIty yet! YNWA.

• Guzzle
    Guzzle said:

NFL

Keith my knowledge of NFL would embarrass me! So you are not alone! Nelson, glad you have recovered. I knew LFC were big in Singapore. 15 hours wow! Start week 2 today. Rads only this week. Going for little jig to dislodge mucus whilst still can as got bit of stitch with coughing. Everton may beat CIty yet! YNWA.

Jig?

Should say jog! Gentle 2 miles followed by gentle 5 miles spin on bike with LOTS of water. Sure it will get tougher but people like yourselves great example. G.

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    NelsonOng said:

You'll Never Walk Alone

Nelson

hi nelson!!  its been

hi nelson!!  its been awhile.  so glad you stopped in.  good to see you are doing well with only the nomal side effects.  hopefully, they will get better with time.  live on friend!

dj

• NelsonOng

hi nelson!!  its been

hi nelson!!  its been awhile.  so glad you stopped in.  good to see you are doing well with only the nomal side effects.  hopefully, they will get better with time.  live on friend!

dj

Hi dj

Indeed it was quite a while that I did not post But I still make it a point that I browse 3-4 times a week. Yes, I am very sure I can overcome the side effects and believe it wl become better and better. My understanding wt God when I'm diagnosed was .... Just Believe, Just Believe and Just Believe that I will be Healed. I am glad that even my left fibula was to reconstruct my jaw, I'm still able to run half marathon. I'm 53 and still able to hv a timing of 1 hr 50 mins. I give all the glory to God for He was my surgeon, my protector, my healer during the time I'm in hospital n treatment. 

Lastly I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to all brothers and sisters here for a remarkable recovery.  JUST BELIEVE....

Nelson

• Guzzle
    NelsonOng said:

Hi dj

Indeed it was quite a while that I did not post But I still make it a point that I browse 3-4 times a week. Yes, I am very sure I can overcome the side effects and believe it wl become better and better. My understanding wt God when I'm diagnosed was .... Just Believe, Just Believe and Just Believe that I will be Healed. I am glad that even my left fibula was to reconstruct my jaw, I'm still able to run half marathon. I'm 53 and still able to hv a timing of 1 hr 50 mins. I give all the glory to God for He was my surgeon, my protector, my healer during the time I'm in hospital n treatment. 

Lastly I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to all brothers and sisters here for a remarkable recovery.  JUST BELIEVE....

Nelson

Amazing

My last time was 1 hour 51 without any treatment so well done. How did you start training post treatment?

• Guzzle
    Guzzle said:

Amazing

My last time was 1 hour 51 without any treatment so well done. How did you start training post treatment?

LFC

Nelson/Keith/All. Just done 45 min spin on bike and nice lunch (been told not to over do it). Forgot to say Nelson (and Keith etc) if you are in UK can usually get tickets for Anfield at face value (some people go on line and pay stupid money ). Just need as much notice ad possible to organize as its a sellout every week. Just had friends over from Munich who entertained me at the Bayern stadium recently. You should go Nelson if you can. The atmosphere is unbelievable. Keith we are owned by Fenway Group who own the Red Sox so LFC is US owned. Should be your team!

• Tonsil Dad
    Tonsil Dad Member Posts: 488
    YNWA

Hi Guz,

hope your getting through your treatment with little or no ill effects.

I'd like to say unlucky at the weekend but you know us Mancs... Anyone but Liverpool.

We have lots of English here in Fort Lauderdale including a Liverpool Supporters Club

which I have been making and selling  these Frames ( My business is Custom Name Frames )

I make any team, player in any sport or passtime.

Disclaimer : this is by no means a solicitation to sell my frames ( But its a good plug )

I had a Vindaloo at the weekend after a session on the ...P**s  at the Tiki Bar.

Keep Positive at all times even when you start to feel bad, you will get through this.

God Bless

Tonsil Dad

my frames

• Guzzle

YNWA

Hi Guz,

hope your getting through your treatment with little or no ill effects.

I'd like to say unlucky at the weekend but you know us Mancs... Anyone but Liverpool.

We have lots of English here in Fort Lauderdale including a Liverpool Supporters Club

which I have been making and selling  these Frames ( My business is Custom Name Frames )

I make any team, player in any sport or passtime.

Disclaimer : this is by no means a solicitation to sell my frames ( But its a good plug )

I had a Vindaloo at the weekend after a session on the ...P**s  at the Tiki Bar.

Keep Positive at all times even when you start to feel bad, you will get through this.

God Bless

Tonsil Dad

my frames

Gollum!

Well at least you got rid of agent Gollum. And even I got to admit Giggs is a legend. The Glazers will spend big and Utd will be back in there. Like sound of the Tiki bar. Sounds better than a pint of bitter in the old monkey. Send the link so I can have a look online. It looks like you got your taste back. I have never heard someone whose gone through radiotherapy mention the word Vindaloo! So I have a goal! May have a curry tonight as Mate around/mrs on nights. Weather ace on Scouse Riviera but it ain't Florida brother! There seems to be a group of you there. You ever get together? Be Lucky Mate, G.

• Guzzle
    Guzzle said:

Gollum!

Well at least you got rid of agent Gollum. And even I got to admit Giggs is a legend. The Glazers will spend big and Utd will be back in there. Like sound of the Tiki bar. Sounds better than a pint of bitter in the old monkey. Send the link so I can have a look online. It looks like you got your taste back. I have never heard someone whose gone through radiotherapy mention the word Vindaloo! So I have a goal! May have a curry tonight as Mate around/mrs on nights. Weather ace on Scouse Riviera but it ain't Florida brother! There seems to be a group of you there. You ever get together? Be Lucky Mate, G.

Frames

oh will pass your business name to the ex pats!

• NelsonOng
    Guzzle said:

LFC

Nelson/Keith/All. Just done 45 min spin on bike and nice lunch (been told not to over do it). Forgot to say Nelson (and Keith etc) if you are in UK can usually get tickets for Anfield at face value (some people go on line and pay stupid money ). Just need as much notice ad possible to organize as its a sellout every week. Just had friends over from Munich who entertained me at the Bayern stadium recently. You should go Nelson if you can. The atmosphere is unbelievable. Keith we are owned by Fenway Group who own the Red Sox so LFC is US owned. Should be your team!

Hope u doing well in 2nd week Guzzle

i'm just back from a short holiday in neighborhood country. Hey I was like u... 1st week still managed to run n out in gym but noy so from second week onwards as the chemo n radiation treatments made my body weaker and I told myself I can make it And just Believe. treatment is doable n you must know that your body needs plenty of fluid... So stay hydrated. 

Back to your question on post treatment exercise. Yes the whole body got battled n needs repair. I was feeling lethargic every now and then but I make it a point to go to the gym 3rd week post. Started a short run on treadmill abt 500 meters and I was like "wow, I have never been so so tired before". Also started to carrying light weights and did some brisk walking. By week 5 post, I'm running 5 km even though I am tired and I continued exercising almost 6 days a week where I am what I am today.  like what my niece was saying... I am running 10km for fun.  I just love to run and only last two weeks, I just bought another 3 pairs of vibram five fingers shoes from amazon, now I have 10 pairs. My nephew says I need to see a doctor .. LOL.. But I am happy that my wife supported me as she knows I have passion in running. I spent 2 hours out running and gym 6 times a week. 

Mate, the journey down the following weeks may be rough but i know you will make it.  I will definitely keep you in mind I visit AnfieldI.  Two more cup finals and I strongly believe we can make it. Will watch toniight's game when Everton holds Citeh.  I will pray for you for smooth and doable treatment ahead.  Cheers.

• NelsonOng
    NelsonOng said:

Hope u doing well in 2nd week Guzzle

i'm just back from a short holiday in neighborhood country. Hey I was like u... 1st week still managed to run n out in gym but noy so from second week onwards as the chemo n radiation treatments made my body weaker and I told myself I can make it And just Believe. treatment is doable n you must know that your body needs plenty of fluid... So stay hydrated. 

Back to your question on post treatment exercise. Yes the whole body got battled n needs repair. I was feeling lethargic every now and then but I make it a point to go to the gym 3rd week post. Started a short run on treadmill abt 500 meters and I was like "wow, I have never been so so tired before". Also started to carrying light weights and did some brisk walking. By week 5 post, I'm running 5 km even though I am tired and I continued exercising almost 6 days a week where I am what I am today.  like what my niece was saying... I am running 10km for fun.  I just love to run and only last two weeks, I just bought another 3 pairs of vibram five fingers shoes from amazon, now I have 10 pairs. My nephew says I need to see a doctor .. LOL.. But I am happy that my wife supported me as she knows I have passion in running. I spent 2 hours out running and gym 6 times a week. 

Mate, the journey down the following weeks may be rough but i know you will make it.  I will definitely keep you in mind I visit AnfieldI.  Two more cup finals and I strongly believe we can make it. Will watch toniight's game when Everton holds Citeh.  I will pray for you for smooth and doable treatment ahead.  Cheers.

YNWA

Last but not least.... You'll Never Walk Alone. 

• Guzzle
    Guzzle said:

Frames

oh will pass your business name to the ex pats!

Nelson

HOW CAN YOU RUN IN THOSE GLOVE SHOES! I need cushioning asics nimbus! Just done 15 miles on bike to see a kids rugby tournament. Do feel slight energy loss when running but seem ok on bike. Only jogging 2 or 3 miles and will carry on as long as I can. Week 3 starts Monday. Sunderland just scored against Man Utd. Everton kick off against Man City 1700 GMT. Cheers everyone G.

• NelsonOng
    Guzzle said:

Nelson

HOW CAN YOU RUN IN THOSE GLOVE SHOES! I need cushioning asics nimbus! Just done 15 miles on bike to see a kids rugby tournament. Do feel slight energy loss when running but seem ok on bike. Only jogging 2 or 3 miles and will carry on as long as I can. Week 3 starts Monday. Sunderland just scored against Man Utd. Everton kick off against Man City 1700 GMT. Cheers everyone G.

Guzzle

I fell in love with Vibram five fingers ever since I had my first pair. Previously ran with Mizuno and ever since input those five fingers on, no more cushioning shoes. I even ran a full marathon with vibram... That's how now I have 10 pairs now.  Watching Everton host Citeh and halftime and Everton trailing 1-2. Hope they do Pool a favour.

Yes, week 3 ahead of you and I say again... Stay hydrated and hydrated. Don't be surprised if from now you feel more tired, if so REST.  All the best and while writing to you, second half gonna start.

You take care and all the best for week 3.  Cheers.

YNWA..... Nelson

• Guzzle
    NelsonOng said:

Guzzle

I fell in love with Vibram five fingers ever since I had my first pair. Previously ran with Mizuno and ever since input those five fingers on, no more cushioning shoes. I even ran a full marathon with vibram... That's how now I have 10 pairs now.  Watching Everton host Citeh and halftime and Everton trailing 1-2. Hope they do Pool a favour.

Yes, week 3 ahead of you and I say again... Stay hydrated and hydrated. Don't be surprised if from now you feel more tired, if so REST.  All the best and while writing to you, second half gonna start.

You take care and all the best for week 3.  Cheers.

YNWA..... Nelson

s**t!

Nelson, though Everton might do it. Great goal by Barkley. This is going to be close. Got ticket for Newcastle game so hopefully Ill feel up to it. Thanks for advice. Will take things easy when needed. Just had a curry treating every one as last for a while! How do you cope with sun in Singapore post treatment? I am thinking of buying a legionairre style baseball cap for running/holidays/sun. Ive been told to keep the treated area out of the sun.Its not too hot here yet so ive just been using factor 50.

• Guzzle
    Guzzle said:

s**t!

Nelson, though Everton might do it. Great goal by Barkley. This is going to be close. Got ticket for Newcastle game so hopefully Ill feel up to it. Thanks for advice. Will take things easy when needed. Just had a curry treating every one as last for a while! How do you cope with sun in Singapore post treatment? I am thinking of buying a legionairre style baseball cap for running/holidays/sun. Ive been told to keep the treated area out of the sun.Its not too hot here yet so ive just been using factor 50.

LFC

Nelson/Denis/all, LFC on sky sports 2000 GMT tomorrow. Roll on week 3....