BEST NEWS EVER - CANCER FREE AND IN REMISSION

enae
enae Member Posts: 18

Hi Guys,

It's been a year I haven’t posted any updates on my husband's fight with cancer, but what a year has been :-)

Two years ago my husband was stage 4 recurrent cancer after nephrectomy in 2010. He started with 4 mets - on the abdominal wall, liver, renal cavity and one in the lungs. The biggest one was 11 sm. He got on IMA901/Sunitinib vaccine trial, but ended up in the control group and never got the vaccine. But what do you know - he had amazing results from the Sutent alone. The mets started shrinking and disappearing one by one. Three months ago there was only one left and had reduced in size by 70-80%.

His oncologist suggested surgery to remove what's left and test some enlarged lymph nodes in the process for evidence of disease. Surgery was three weeks ago and pathology report showed - original tumor almost necrotic ( shrunk from 11sm - to 2sm) It was grade2/4 , lymph nodes negative and no other observed tumors. SO NED so far and in remission.

We'll still have to wait for scans in two months and every three months follow ups after, but it might be just the end of the whole ordeal for us.

 

We feel so blessed and fortunate! All prayers had been answered and I hope to see many more post like mine on this board. Miracles do happen and I pray for all of you too! 

 

Love!

 

Ena

Comments

  • Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
     YAAAYY!!! Glad  you posted

    Laughing YAAAYY!!! Glad  you posted your great news!!

    What a journey you both have been on...

    Many more blessings and good news coming your way.

     

    Warmly, Jan

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Jan4you said:

     YAAAYY!!! Glad  you posted

    Laughing YAAAYY!!! Glad  you posted your great news!!

    What a journey you both have been on...

    Many more blessings and good news coming your way.

     

    Warmly, Jan

    Sounds great

    Ena,

     

    May the good news keep coming.

    I am a little confused by your measurement sm. Tumors are usually measured in centimeters (CM) and mets in milimeters (MM).

     

     

     

     

    Icemantoo

  • scotcan
    scotcan Member Posts: 6
    icemantoo said:

    Sounds great

    Ena,

     

    May the good news keep coming.

    I am a little confused by your measurement sm. Tumors are usually measured in centimeters (CM) and mets in milimeters (MM).

     

     

     

     

    Icemantoo

    Congrats

    Nice to read a good news story, I wish you all the best and hope your husband is well on the way to recovery.

  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    scotcan said:

    Congrats

    Nice to read a good news story, I wish you all the best and hope your husband is well on the way to recovery.

    Awesome!

    Did I mention AWESOME?!!

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    Congratulations!

    Hi Ena, 

    That is wonderful news, congratulations! You can breath at last! May all the future scans continue to remain the same:)

    Djinnie x

  • Cate1273
    Cate1273 Member Posts: 35
    Great news!!! Congrats!!!

    Great news!!! Congrats!!!