Insurance Hell

Options
Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
edited April 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I am all gowned up, they've tried to IV me, and now they say the insurance is refusing to cover the Ablation. They will cover a Resection, but no to the Ablation. 

Im laying here waiting. Waiting, waiting, waiting. 

i HATE insurance (I love it too). 

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    I'm laying on the hospital

I'm laying on the hospital gurney, all gowned up, and my surgeon is fighting with some idiot in an insurance office who is trying to tell him that I need a resection. 

How dare they! How dare they try to control my health. How dare they tell the surgeon what he should be doing. I am so very angry. I don't need to be angry. I'm trying not to be angry. 

I kmow this is a double post, but I slipped it into the wrong thread. 

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

I'm laying on the hospital gurney, all gowned up, and my surgeon is fighting with some idiot in an insurance office who is trying to tell him that I need a resection. 

How dare they! How dare they try to control my health. How dare they tell the surgeon what he should be doing. I am so very angry. I don't need to be angry. I'm trying not to be angry. 

How dare they wait until the

How dare they wait until the morning of the proceedure to refuse the ablation. Besides i would think the ablation has to be substantialy cheaper than a resection.

• Lisa2012
    Lisa2012 Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Trubrit said:

So sorry

I hate insurance too, but could not afford treatment that it covers, so it is a necessary evil.   I hope the issue is resolve by now.   Praying for a successful procedure.

lisa

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    OMGosh!!!

That is terrible!!!!!  Here's hoping it gets solved soon and you get you surgery in the next hour!

Winter Marie

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Terrible

How dare they do this to you on the day of surgery.

• carrieh
    carrieh Member Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Nothing like gearing

Ugh! Nothing like gearing yourself up for the surgery and dealing with that stuff. Everyone should have any medical procedure they need, without worrying about how to pay for it! You're in our thoughts all day today.

• aggie0053
    aggie0053 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    i believe carrieh, it's so

i believe carrieh, it's so stupid how the insurance co. can control everyone. if you need  surgery you should have it

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    They tell you this the day of?

That is insane!  When you get through this and recovered, you really ought to report them to the insurance commissioner in your state.

That is so outrageous.

Pls keep us posted.  We'll all be thinking of you.

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

What did they end up doing?

I hope they did the ablation. I'm impressed that your doctor actually called to argue with them. My brother's surgeon argued with his insurance company for an hour and a half to convince them he needed to go to rehab after he had his resection because he couldn't handle the ostomy. His doctor won!

I hope all went well. Let us know how you're doing.

Lin

• kennyt
    kennyt Member Posts: 110
    Options

They tell you this the day of?

That is insane!  When you get through this and recovered, you really ought to report them to the insurance commissioner in your state.

That is so outrageous.

Pls keep us posted.  We'll all be thinking of you.

I had some serious insurance

I had some serious insurance issues after moving to a new state. Filing a grievance with the ins. Co. and with the commissioner will get results. Hope this works out for you.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Surgery

Hoping that everything went well and you had your surgery.  You have to be so frustrated.  Please update when you are able.

Kim

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Insurance companies suck!

It's always a fight and I'll bet they thought if they waited until the day of the procedure they could get away with it.  Hope your doctor gaven them what for and your got the abalation.