CEA 48, surgery today two more scheduled

Options
Lisa2012
Lisa2012 Member Posts: 142

I had the first of three surgeries today.   My CEA  has been rising, it was 33 in March and now it is 48.   I had the first of my 2 part Y90 surgery today.  It went well.   I have TEM surgery Monday and then the second half of Y90 the week of May 5th.   Hopefully this all goes well and and I can join those of you currently living in the NED world.

Thanks to all of you who make this board a caring cyber family.  I find it comforting to know that others truly understand.

lisa

Comments

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that I wasn't

I am sorry that I wasn't aware of your surgeries. I am glad the first part of Y90 went well and more importantly I hope the second part goes well. Forgive me but I don't know what TEM surgery is.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Fill me in, please

I'm not sure what Y90 & TEM are. 

I know that you mentioned in another thread, that you were excited to get these surgeries, and I know what you mean. I'm going in for my 11th surgery ((4th cancer related) today, and I want to get it done, get the cancer taken care of. 

I will keep you in my prayers. 

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Lisa!

There is a guy at the Colon Club forum who has had the Y-90 done, and I believe it's gone well for him.  I'm hoping the same for you!  NED shouldn't be such a shy guy...he needs to make more friends here on the board.

Big hugs and hopes for healing coming your way~AA

• Lisa2012
    Lisa2012 Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Thank you

Not so sure I mentioned my Y90 procedure.   I am okay today.  I had a scare an hour ago with a sharp pain and a sudden lump in my groin artery.  Waiting for a call from the nurse.  In the meantime I decided to take it easy the rest of the afternoon.  TEM is a procedure to remove a tumor via my rectum.  It needs to be determined if this is a tumor that has grown from cells left from my initial colon resection in April 2012 or if this is a new tumor altogether.  TEM is less invasive than a typical resection procedure.  Y90 is a process that delivers radiation to liver tumors from the inside out.  Radioactive beads are put into the tumors through the artery.

thanks for your thoughts and prayers.