One Year ago Today

fishmanpa
fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member

Hard to believe but it's a year ago today that I ended treatment. I went from ringing the bell to surgery to have a PEG tube placed and was home three days later. Thus began the journey of healing that I'm still on today. It didn't really hit me until mid afternoon when someone asked how I was doing.... then it dawned on me... A year... holy *&^#% where did the time go? 

All in all, the plethora of side effects aside, I'm doing Ok. Playing music again and have been working full time since last August. Getting married to my Chiquita soon. Life goes on as much as it can under the "new normal". Appointments with the ENT and rest of the team next month. I'm hoping for good reports. 

Positive thoughts and prayers

"T"

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    One Year

Hi “T”,

Sing it loudly; the new (modified) T is back. By nature of your profession your journey presented its own challenges.  I am glad you have been making adjustments successfully.

Also, congratulations on the upcoming nuptials.

Matt

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    T, i clearly remember you

T, i clearly remember you going thru the tx and you're right, it doesn't seem like its been a year but congrats!  that's a great milestone.  i know you have many more of these anniversaries in your future.  i'm so glad you are back to performing, it shows you are really living life again.  can't wait for you to get married and post pics.  we will be there for that too in spirit!!

God bless you,

dj

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    great to hear...

Hey,

Thanks for the report. Funny you did not focus on that date in advance. But it is a BIG one. One thing we all learn is we control our destiny only so much and the "new normal" must be accepted as it is what it is. June 4, I'll be posting the same. Funny though, I've been chanting that date like a Buddist monk for awhile. LOL

Don

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    donfoo said:

great to hear...

Hey,

Thanks for the report. Funny you did not focus on that date in advance. But it is a BIG one. One thing we all learn is we control our destiny only so much and the "new normal" must be accepted as it is what it is. June 4, I'll be posting the same. Funny though, I've been chanting that date like a Buddist monk for awhile. LOL

Don

Oh Happy Dayy....

T. Well done mate! Still waiting to hear some of your sounds on line! G.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi T

Glad to hear you are doing so well one year out, keep up the good work my friend. Also glad to hear about the up-coming wedding, just wish I was closer I could preformed the wedding Vows for you and Chiquita, God’s blessing to you both.

Tim Hondo

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Congrats...

T,

Oh how time flies.....I remember you weren't to far behind my loved one.  He is going to be 18 months out of tx next month. 

Glad you are doing as well as can be expected, with all you have gone through.  The new normal can be a bit challenging at times, but taking one day at a time and enjoying it is the best way to adjust.  We are looking forward to some beautiful weather here in Michigan and getting plenty of bike(Harley) rides in! Smile

Enjoy your summer!

~C

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    One Year

T, congratulations on the one year mark, I' about 8 weeks behind you.  Good luck next week when you meet with the team!

Keith

• Roar
    Roar Member Posts: 269 Member
    Good to hear

Glad your doing well- keep up the good work

• Roar
    Roar Member Posts: 269 Member
    Good to hear

Glad your doing well- keep up the good work

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    T, congrats on the one year

T, congrats on the one year mark. Seems like just a short time we were celebrating your finish of treatment. I pray you and your honey have many years of blessed marriage as Jim and I did.

Debbie

• josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    High Five to you!

Hi T.

What a wonderful year for you! I wish you many more and keep passing on the good vibes. josh r.

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Good on Ya!

May this be the first of many more years as a cancer survivor!

Mike

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Time Flies

Hi T..................Glad your doing OK, things will still change for the good. Even though time flies it still takes lots of it to recoop from the battle. Very happy for you and Marsha. Good luck in both marriage and the ENT next month.

Jeff

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Congratulations on the one year

See, time flyes when you're having fun, and even when your not. Glad your doing so well and back to preforming. You will get a great ENT report.

wmc 10/2013

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Great news

you have so much excitment to look forward to~~congratulations!

• catfish_58
    catfish_58 Member Posts: 138 Member
    anniversary

I know how you feel Fishmanpa mine is coming up in 3 days and I think I'm gonna treat it like a birthday from now on maybe even have a cake with 1 candle for the first year and keep adding them as I go.But all in all congrats on the 1 year mark and I hope you see so many candles on your cake that you'll need an air compressor to blow em out lol:)Have a good second year and third and fourth and so on and so on,Later Chris ( catfish_58)