Check up post poned

Hi all....  I hope this post finds you well....  First off Alexandra I just want to say that I am beyond overjoyed that you made it into the trial.  That is such awsome news.... 

I was suppossed to have a check up yesterday but got a call on Monday that we needed to postpone it a few weeks.  Hey no problem there.  lol.  It seems that my doc went to the hospital that day with chest pains and was awaiting a procedure for the next morning.  I am afraid he is going to put two and two together and boot me as a patient.  You see when my first appointmnet was scheduled with him back in January it got postponed a couple weeks because he had a heart attack while shoveling snow...  Geesh am I that bad that my impending appointmnets bring on the chest pains????

Anybody have any plans for Easter?  My inlaws are coming in  on Saturday for a few days...  The kids are off next week so they are going to hang for a few days and do some stuff with the boys..Husband is cooking prime rib for dinner.  yummy

Eileen

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Oh my, Eileen:
    I think if I

Oh my, Eileen:

I think if I were you I would be looking into a backup doctor.   That happened to me once.   I was going for surgery and it was the night before and I had already started my prep work when I got a call that my doc went to the hospital.  They had to postpone it for a month.  

It sounds like you are going to have a nice Easter.   We will be making eggs on Friday and my mom and my brother will probably come to dinner on Sunday. 

Happy Easter to you,

Kathy

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    happy Easter!

I might be looking for a backup doc whehter or not you've caused the problem!

I'm celebrating Passover. Went to a lovely Seder (last supppper for you Easter peeps) with old friends which used to include about 20 kids, all of whom have grown up and moved to different cities EXCEPT Ben, my sweet 23 year old, who lives in St Louis for the moment). I neglected to mention to him that he would be the only 'kid' there until we drove up, kugels in hand. He had to ask the Four Questions which is reserved for the youngest child (could be 2, 3, 6...usually not 23). he was a good sport about it and we all laughed a lot which was good medicine for me.

When the kids were young, we always hosted an Easter brunch/Easter hunt for our jewish friends who had nothing to do on Easter morning which was lots of fun. When the kids got old enough for scratch-off lotto tickets in their plastic eggs, it was time to stop!

Hope everyone has a good holiday!

I personally will be post big chemo and will be mostly at home reading, watching tv and sleeping it off!!

Love to all,

Susan

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Eileen you are literally a heartbreaker

Thank you and everyone else for the congrats and kind wishes. I annoyed medical community to the point they all agreed to shut me up with expensive new drug.

I hope your check up is unremarkable, no news is the best news.

We did absolutely nothing for Passover and have no grand plans for Easter.

On Wednesday my daughter Shirley is going on a two-week-long trip across Europe and now everything revolves around her choice of travel outfits and shoes.

Oh, to be 20 again with plenty of spare time and no budgetary restrictions!

Happy Easter and have a wonderful long week-end!

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Alexandra said:

Eileen you are literally a heartbreaker

Thank you and everyone else for the congrats and kind wishes. I annoyed medical community to the point they all agreed to shut me up with expensive new drug.

I hope your check up is unremarkable, no news is the best news.

We did absolutely nothing for Passover and have no grand plans for Easter.

On Wednesday my daughter Shirley is going on a two-week-long trip across Europe and now everything revolves around her choice of travel outfits and shoes.

Oh, to be 20 again with plenty of spare time and no budgetary restrictions!

Happy Easter and have a wonderful long week-end!

Hi Eileen and other ladies

My husband and I will be having Easter lunch with my parents, sister, auntie and uncle.  Then I'm taking a vacation day on Monday to relax and to visit my hubby's 89-year-old aunt who is a breast cancer and thryoid cancer survivor.  She's one tough cookie.

Eileen, I trust all will go well when you do get your check-up.

Kelly

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Having a small

family gathering.  A simple menu, a couple of wine coolers, I'm happy.

Karen