lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder

I'll be wearing my teal! 

Kelly

• Hearty Pioneer
    Hearty Pioneer Member Posts: 158
    Options

Hurray, hurray for the 8th of May! National outdoor __________ day! 

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Happy (?) World Ovarian

Happy (?) World Ovarian Cancer to us all!

I will wear teal and try to spread the word!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I will wear teal for my

I will wear teal for my ovarian sisters!  I write down what I wear so I don't repeat it too soon.  I know, it is a little wacky, but the days I can't figure out what to wear I look back three weeks and BOOM!  I have clothes.

A guy I work with lost his mother to ovarian cancer back in the 80's, back when Gilda Radner died.  He was such a wonderful support to me in my fight and I think of all the below the belt cancer sisters. 

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

I will wear teal for my

I will wear teal for my ovarian sisters!  I write down what I wear so I don't repeat it too soon.  I know, it is a little wacky, but the days I can't figure out what to wear I look back three weeks and BOOM!  I have clothes.

A guy I work with lost his mother to ovarian cancer back in the 80's, back when Gilda Radner died.  He was such a wonderful support to me in my fight and I think of all the below the belt cancer sisters. 

Count me in

wearing my teal!

• Rosamond M
    Rosamond M Member Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My Feelings.

WORLD OVARIAN CANCER DAY.

World wide Ovarian Cancer Day           Being held on Thursday 8th May           Is an ideal time for some action           That will give some satisfaction.           Let's bring ATTENTION to our cause           This is so necessary because           We have no early screening test           And we can't let this problem rest!

This date presents the ideal situation          To make it known in every nation          Research into ALL cancers needs to be          Given much more priority.          But because this day belongs to us          It's OVARIANS turn to make a fuss!!          We need early detection to help survival          There's no true test for our cancer's arrival.

The problem that we have is clear         And obviously what is needed here          Is understanding of our plight         And the need to set it right.         It's time for us to make a stand        To campaign for what we demand.        So TEAL LADIES it is up to you

LET'S SHOW WHAT WOMEN POWER CAN DO!!!!!      

Rose. 

• dqueen
    dqueen Member Posts: 2
    Options
    World Ovarian Cancer Day

I am newly diagnosed with Fallopian Tube cancer which I understand is treated the same as ovarian cancer. I had surgery on April 8 and will be seeing an ocologist on May 5. 

I am still in shock and disbelief. The week before the diagnosis I was attending my daughter's wedding and dancing all night. I saw my doctors regularly. I still cannot understand how this cancer could so steathly attack with. But that is the point isn't it: how we need to bring into focus how silent this cancer is. I will be wearing my teal

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    dqueen said:

World Ovarian Cancer Day

I am newly diagnosed with Fallopian Tube cancer which I understand is treated the same as ovarian cancer. I had surgery on April 8 and will be seeing an ocologist on May 5. 

I am still in shock and disbelief. The week before the diagnosis I was attending my daughter's wedding and dancing all night. I saw my doctors regularly. I still cannot understand how this cancer could so steathly attack with. But that is the point isn't it: how we need to bring into focus how silent this cancer is. I will be wearing my teal

So sorry to hear your

So sorry to hear your diagnosis.  It is a shock to hear these words.  You will find the women here to be WONDERFUL.  Ask us anything - I am a visitor from the Uterine cancer board because I am fond of all the 'below the belt' cancer women.  We teach eachother so much and no one understands this better.