Hipec Surgery

tklock
tklock Member Posts: 1

I am a 43 year old women who was diagnosed with Stage III Ovarian Cancer 3 years ago.  I had 6 rounds of chemo and a total hysterectomy in 2011.  I went into remission for about a year and then it returned in 2012.  I once again went through 6 more rounds of chemo and again went in remission for another year.  December 2013 the cancer had come back through out my abdomian and was put on a really harsh chemo plan.  It was to much for me to handle this time.  I decided to go to Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Phoenix and (love it there) have been put on another type of chemo.  The plan is to do 6 full rounds (I am half way through) and then to do Hipec Surgery in June once I have finished my 6 rounds.  I have done alot of research on this precedure and although it looks promising, I am scared to death.  I was wanting to know if anyone else has had this precedure done and what was your experience.  I have been really strong and positive through out my journey until now.  I find myself pushing friends and family away and wanting to deal with it on my own which I know is not the correct way.  I hope someone has some experience in this and can help.  Thank you in advance.

Tommie LaVoie

Comments

• ovarian_support
    ovarian_support Member Posts: 44
    Welcome

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, my mother was diagnosed last year and though we wished it had HIPEC was not presented as an option.  I have also read a great deal about it and understand that it has had a good deal of success and if cancer treatment center is recommending it then I would follow their advice.  I wish I could tell you more and hope there is somebody here who has had personal experience.  I do hope that you open up to your friends and family a bit more, I know my mother finds comfort in talking to me and her sister.  Good luck with your treatment.