Anyone with Stage 4 with Lung Mets, need your opinion please...

Options
LoveBabyJesus
LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member

Hi ladies!

I haven't been here for some time now. But you're all in my prayers.

I have a friend who was dx almost at the same time as me (2010). She is going through something right now and I need your input please. She wanted to fix reconstruction this Friday. During the prep-tests yesterday, they “saw something.” They are now requesting a cat scan of her lungs. She says the report reads: “2mm shadow.” Has anyone gone through this? She is only 37 with two beautiful kids. Please help.

Was this your experience?

What else could "this" be?

XOXO

Thank you.

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Not Everything Is Cancer

I developed lung mets in 2008.  Mine was so widespread that was really no question what it was.  At least for me, I knew.  However, my oncologist said it could be many things, so tell your friend not to give up hope, lots of things cause shadows, inflamation, it could be a benign node and etc.  

Let us know how it goes.

Doris.

• LoveBabyJesus
    Options
    Thank you!

Thank you for your response.

She has not heard back from the hospital. She got the cat scan done yesterday and was told they would call back same day. This is Sloan. She is still nervous and cannot make the phone call. She decided to enjoy her weekend with her family, in case there are bad news.

I will keep you posted.

I hope you're doing well and not having too many issues. What treatments are you currently taking?

You're in my prayers.

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options

Thank you!

Thank you for your response.

She has not heard back from the hospital. She got the cat scan done yesterday and was told they would call back same day. This is Sloan. She is still nervous and cannot make the phone call. She decided to enjoy her weekend with her family, in case there are bad news.

I will keep you posted.

I hope you're doing well and not having too many issues. What treatments are you currently taking?

You're in my prayers.

Medical Records Department

Hi,

She can also go to the Medical Records Department where the scan was done and ask for the results.

I progressed on Taxol last week, I meet with the oncologist on Wednesday and will learn what the next

options are.  Thank you for the prayers, I need them all.  I will include your friend in my prayers and will

hope that it isn't anything at all.

Doris

• LoveBabyJesus
    Options
    Update

My friend got "the phone call." The Onco thinks it is cancer, from her original bc. She was requested to have a pet scan, followed by surgery to remove the "nodule." Her nodule is less than 3mm, could there still a chance it is not cancer? How can they know before surgery?

• Maggie_Ann1
    Maggie_Ann1 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Update

My friend got "the phone call." The Onco thinks it is cancer, from her original bc. She was requested to have a pet scan, followed by surgery to remove the "nodule." Her nodule is less than 3mm, could there still a chance it is not cancer? How can they know before surgery?

Hi

I don't think there is a really good definitive way to know, without a biopsy.  Although sometimes cancer is so obvious in appearance, density, and formation, that it's pretty clear in those cases.  If her nodule is cancer though, it sounds like there is a good chance for her surgery to succeed!  Sending positive thoughts and prayers!  Maggie 

• LoveBabyJesus
    Options
    Update

My friend is having her pet on Friday. She is schedule to meet with a surgeon next week to remove the spot.

She wants to know:

Has anyone here had surgery to remove a lung spot?

Do you know anyone who survived lung mets?

Thank you all for your prayers.

• mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options

Update

My friend is having her pet on Friday. She is schedule to meet with a surgeon next week to remove the spot.

She wants to know:

Has anyone here had surgery to remove a lung spot?

Do you know anyone who survived lung mets?

Thank you all for your prayers.

wow!

I'm so sorry your friend is going threw again,but yes I have a cousin that had a spot removed off her lungs,and liver and still here enjoying life.so I'd say it's doable,I pray its nothing and just a scare#MollyZ