Prayers Needed~ 04MAR2014 UPDATE

Options
12346»

Comments

• pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Love & Prayers!

You are ALWAYS in my prayers John! I will just be praying more fervently! You were one of the first people I met here, and had my back from day 1!  You will come through this with flying colors! I pray for healing, and believe when the surgeon gets in there, it will be much less than he expected, because you will be healed. I am sending you and Shelley my love and support. 

Patty

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Love & Prayers!

You are ALWAYS in my prayers John! I will just be praying more fervently! You were one of the first people I met here, and had my back from day 1!  You will come through this with flying colors! I pray for healing, and believe when the surgeon gets in there, it will be much less than he expected, because you will be healed. I am sending you and Shelley my love and support. 

Patty

TY Patty

It means a lot..., you are definitely in mine as well...

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

TY Patty

It means a lot..., you are definitely in mine as well...

John & Shelley

As Tuesday draws near, you can see that plenty of prayers are flowing your way. Prayers work!

God bless,

Candi

• Skiffin16
    Options
    hwt said:

John & Shelley

As Tuesday draws near, you can see that plenty of prayers are flowing your way. Prayers work!

God bless,

Candi

TY...

IK will let you know what's going on during surgery and recovery and my FB survivors...

John

• Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

TY...

IK will let you know what's going on during surgery and recovery and my FB survivors...

John

Updates will be forthcoming

John

I will most definitely report on your successful surgery as soon as I hear from Shelley.

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Options
    On this

the Holiest of weekends for my family..know that you are in my prayers. I truly believe that God will have his Hands on the surgeons hands and will guide him every step of the way... 

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    Grandmax4 said:

On this

the Holiest of weekends for my family..know that you are in my prayers. I truly believe that God will have his Hands on the surgeons hands and will guide him every step of the way... 

Surgery

John, I will start treatment Tue and will be thinking of you both buddy. G.

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

***UPDATE***

OK, I have some updated news...

The extracted fluid from the FNA has no cancer cells, that's huge and I pray, hope and definitely want it to stay that way.

The downside is that I still need to do the whipple as the cyst is aggressive and they want it out before it does turn cancerous...., which they feel it will eventually.

Soooo

I am scheduled for April 22, admission 09:00 

I met the surgeon today and he seems very competent and confident. Though a surgery as he describes as major X3, he feels that I will have a good and successful recovery.

He does up to 45+ of these a year, and actually just did one this last Tuesday.

He seems to be very detailed and covers all of the bases...

He figures the surgery at around 5 hours, hospital stay at 9-12 days, and around a month of recovery at home..., not many restrictions other than common sense.. No lifting, no swimming or submerging the incision area, etc...

It takes a week or two for the stomach and organs to wake up from the battel scars.

I'll have multiple tubes during the home stay for drainage, etc...

Yes, this sucks big time...

But again, it's much better prognosis than the alternative.

Again, I think of you all as family, and share this with you..

Thanks for all of the prayers, thoughts, whispers, etc... They are working and we sure appreciate them, and please continue through this ordeal.

John 

Sending Good Vibes

John,

Will be thinking of you this Tuesday, and beyond.  Hang in there.

Mike

• Steve5
    Steve5 Member Posts: 147
    Options
    Prayers In

I am for prayers

Steve

• Skiffin16
    Options
    Guzzle said:

Surgery

John, I will start treatment Tue and will be thinking of you both buddy. G.

Same Same...

Prayers your way too....

• NJShore
    NJShore Member Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Tomorrow!

John,

All the prayers.. and many good thoughts from your northern shore neighbor :)

So glad you found the cyst.. and its' still smaller.. that has to bring you some comfort.

We will both keep you in our thoughts and prayers, and you take care.. we will look forward to your return home.

Kari & Dan

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

***UPDATE***

OK, I have some updated news...

The extracted fluid from the FNA has no cancer cells, that's huge and I pray, hope and definitely want it to stay that way.

The downside is that I still need to do the whipple as the cyst is aggressive and they want it out before it does turn cancerous...., which they feel it will eventually.

Soooo

I am scheduled for April 22, admission 09:00 

I met the surgeon today and he seems very competent and confident. Though a surgery as he describes as major X3, he feels that I will have a good and successful recovery.

He does up to 45+ of these a year, and actually just did one this last Tuesday.

He seems to be very detailed and covers all of the bases...

He figures the surgery at around 5 hours, hospital stay at 9-12 days, and around a month of recovery at home..., not many restrictions other than common sense.. No lifting, no swimming or submerging the incision area, etc...

It takes a week or two for the stomach and organs to wake up from the battel scars.

I'll have multiple tubes during the home stay for drainage, etc...

Yes, this sucks big time...

But again, it's much better prognosis than the alternative.

Again, I think of you all as family, and share this with you..

Thanks for all of the prayers, thoughts, whispers, etc... They are working and we sure appreciate them, and please continue through this ordeal.

John 

Hi John

As you go in today I hope and pray that all will go well. You have been a great help to many here on H&N with your positive attitude and great sense of humor and most of all just being a friend to everyone in need. I pray for you today that God will guide the hands of the doctors and that they will only need to remove as little as possible so that you can be your normal you once again.

God Bless and watch between us while we are absent from each other.

Tim Hondo

• Skiffin16
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi John

As you go in today I hope and pray that all will go well. You have been a great help to many here on H&N with your positive attitude and great sense of humor and most of all just being a friend to everyone in need. I pray for you today that God will guide the hands of the doctors and that they will only need to remove as little as possible so that you can be your normal you once again.

God Bless and watch between us while we are absent from each other.

Tim Hondo

Indeed...

Thanks Tim...

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Indeed...

Thanks Tim...

john, praying that your

john, praying that your nerves don't get the best of you while you're in the bed waiting to be rolled to surgery.  you've got this hon, so hang in there and know that we are all pray for you.

love and hugs,

dj