Oncology visit today

Hi Everyone,

I have FNHL stage 4 and have been in remission 5 years in December 23,2014

Had my blood work done today and my wbc was 3.6 and my platelets dropped from 171 3 months ago to 126. Matter of fact all my levels dropped some. Wondering what it might mean. The oncologist did not seem too worried. But I am so darn tired all the time. I told him that.  I do a ct scan in September my first year wait. So I suppose will wait and see then .  If anyone has any idea I would like to know it. Thank you, and hope you all are doing well. Hilde

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    Me too

Hilde,

Seems we have some items in common. I have been in remission about five years also, but I stay severely tired. I cannot get up and function wiothout around 9 or 10 hours of sleep, for instance. 

My blood tests were never out of wack for four years, and then I tested severely anemic. Iron infusions got it back to normal, and it has remained normal since, so I suppose these things just oscillate a bit.   If the doc says they are in the normal range and not too dramatic in their changes, I would try to just be happy with that and ignore it, until the next test comes around (we all worry then, there is no avoiding it).

max

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Don't know...

Hi Hilde,

I just don't know anything of help with blood counts as I was so fortunate to not have any problems in that area. With that being said...fatigue is something I've been dealing with since finishing all of my treatments. Like Max, I sleep 8 to 10 hours and still feel tired at times. I estimate my energy level at about 60% back from what it was before chemo. Sure glad I don't have to work! I agree with Max...try to stay as calm as possible and if your doctor doesn't feel there is anything urgent going on, then go with that and just try to get plenty of rest. Wish I could offer more substantial guidance, but I don't like to speculate when I'm not qualified. Hang in there my friend...we are always here for you! Much love...Sue

• hilde451
    hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member
    allmost60 said:

Don't know...

Hi Hilde,

I just don't know anything of help with blood counts as I was so fortunate to not have any problems in that area. With that being said...fatigue is something I've been dealing with since finishing all of my treatments. Like Max, I sleep 8 to 10 hours and still feel tired at times. I estimate my energy level at about 60% back from what it was before chemo. Sure glad I don't have to work! I agree with Max...try to stay as calm as possible and if your doctor doesn't feel there is anything urgent going on, then go with that and just try to get plenty of rest. Wish I could offer more substantial guidance, but I don't like to speculate when I'm not qualified. Hang in there my friend...we are always here for you! Much love...Sue

ongology visit

Thank you girls for answering my post. Hope you both are doing fairly well.

I am the same way, just tired all the time. But when you say that drs do not listen.

I just was worried because my platelets dropped so drastically.  It all just seems to be and every day worry .

I wonder sometimes if I have fibromyalga.  Since I hurt all over all the time.

I need to see my Internal med . dr.  Well anyway I wish you all well. Glad to hear from you both.

Love Hilde