Surgery yesterday

Options
vangbi
vangbi Member Posts: 62

they operated yesterday that went well but they did biopsy on liver lesion that thay spotted and its metastcid from colon and i know i did not spell right

Comments

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Glad the surgery is over

Hope you are feeling well today.  One step at a time....

Linda

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Van:

Congrats on a successful surgery.  The spot on the liver, well, that is a bummer but hopefully they can get after that once you are healed up.  Take a deep breath, get your strength and energy back, and everything else will fall into place.

Take Care - Tina

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Good News

Very glad you got the surgery and are well en ough to post this soon.  As others have said try to get your strength back and then attack the liver spot.  

good to hear that surgery went well.

Art

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Glad you are through surgery,

but I'm sorry to hear about the spot on the liver (don't worry about the spelling, I can't spell that word either).  If it's just one spot, however, that's still not too bad.  They have some special word for that situation, which I can't remember, but basically if you only have one spot in another organ, the prognosis is much better.  So hang in there, heal up, and get ready for the next step.  Starting out with the surgery like this is a great start, and can lead to a cure, so you've already made a terrific start!

Hugs and healing~AA

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Surgery

Glad it's over for you.  Now time to heal and get with a plan for treatment.  You have a wonderful attitude which is great.  Praying for you.

Kim

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    congrats

An important first step with your surgery.  Now to go get that spot fixed up and NED.   

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Glad all went well with your surgery.

Rest up and heal so you can get rid of that liver spot. Once you tackle that, you can be on the road to NED.

Lin

• vangbi
    Options

Glad all went well with your surgery.

Rest up and heal so you can get rid of that liver spot. Once you tackle that, you can be on the road to NED.

Lin

Recieved more info today ther are 7 spots and they set my stage at 4 now. doing pretty well as far as recovery they said I am doing way better than they expected may be headed home tomorrow.

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    vangbi said:

Recieved more info today ther are 7 spots and they set my stage at 4 now. doing pretty well as far as recovery they said I am doing way better than they expected may be headed home tomorrow.

I am glad you are recovering

I am glad you are recovering well but sorry to hear about the multiple mets. Has anyone talked to you about a game plan yet?

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Can't spell the word, heck

I can't even say it right.

I hope you are getting around a bit better now that you are a few days out of surgery. Lots of walking, it really helps.

I'm sorry to hear about the liver spot. I know the Doc's will have a plan for you, and we'll be here to help you through. 

• JenCo
    JenCo Member Posts: 16
    Options
    surgery

My brother will be going through surgery soon to remove a tumor from his colon. He has finished 5 weeks of chemo and radiation treatments to shrink his tumor first. I am hoping his surgery is successful like yours. He will then have to do 6 months more chemo after his surgery. I hope you are comfortable as you possibly can be and I hope you get some good rest and recovery. I feel like it is important to take things one step at a time and try our best not to worry about what the next phase will be like. I am not the one going through this but I am walking this journey with my brother as he is the one going through all the treaments and procedures. I don't understand exactly how you feel but I am here for you and I am cheering you on! Thank you for your posting, it helps me to know that my brother and I are not alone and the information you shared is encouraging!!

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    JenCo said:

surgery

My brother will be going through surgery soon to remove a tumor from his colon. He has finished 5 weeks of chemo and radiation treatments to shrink his tumor first. I am hoping his surgery is successful like yours. He will then have to do 6 months more chemo after his surgery. I hope you are comfortable as you possibly can be and I hope you get some good rest and recovery. I feel like it is important to take things one step at a time and try our best not to worry about what the next phase will be like. I am not the one going through this but I am walking this journey with my brother as he is the one going through all the treaments and procedures. I don't understand exactly how you feel but I am here for you and I am cheering you on! Thank you for your posting, it helps me to know that my brother and I are not alone and the information you shared is encouraging!!

Jenco

I am fighting this battle alongside my brother, too. It can be tough on caregivers, so make sure you're taking care of yourself and get that colonoscopy for yourself, too. 

Lin

• JenCo
    JenCo Member Posts: 16
    Options

Jenco

I am fighting this battle alongside my brother, too. It can be tough on caregivers, so make sure you're taking care of yourself and get that colonoscopy for yourself, too. 

Lin

Hi Uncle Buddy!

I am learning how to make time for myself. I am now realizing it is just as important to care for myself as it is to be there for my brother. I am 13 years older than he is. I am 44 he is 31 years old. Our other brother who is in between our ages (36yrs old) has gone to the doctor to begin getting ready to have a colonoscopy. I have been told to to the same. I just haven't done so yet. They say siblings who have another sibling with this type of cancer should start getting colonoscopies done earlier than most people do. I hope all is going well for you and your brother. I am glad we are able to connect here in this discussion board.

• vangbi
    Options
     The Doctors got suprised by

The Doctors got suprised by my ability to recover I was walking short distances the next day and

am now eating full meals 3 times a day plus walking futher each day. They are letting me go home today 

my best advice is to get active as soon as possilble be honest about your pain levels and bowel movements and ability to urinate as all these have effects on ability to heal.

• Trubrit
    Options
    vangbi said:

The Doctors got suprised by

The Doctors got suprised by my ability to recover I was walking short distances the next day and

am now eating full meals 3 times a day plus walking futher each day. They are letting me go home today 

my best advice is to get active as soon as possilble be honest about your pain levels and bowel movements and ability to urinate as all these have effects on ability to heal.

Way to go!

This is great news. There's no place like home, or your own bed. 

• vangbi
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Way to go!

This is great news. There's no place like home, or your own bed. 

Thanks for all the words of

Thanks for all the words of support and encouragement. And for the prayers both me and my wife appreciate them. 

• vangbi
    Options
    JenCo said:

surgery

Tell you brother to keep

Tell you brother to keep positive atitude no matter what and will put him in our prayers. As for you do not forget to take care of yourself and ask friends or family to give you a chance to get away once in awhile as this will take a toll on you he is going to have up and down days and may wonder at times if its worth it just make sure he makes use of his good days and go do something enjoyable or that he has always wanted to do. I am going to do lots of fishing myself as never had time to do that before 

• vangbi
    Options
    Doing good

Went to postop yesterday they said I am healing pretty good and removed some of the staples. I might start the chemo in 4 weeks depending on my recovery from the surgery at least my blood sugars have settled down and the blood pressure medications are being adjusted down as having low readings but am getting around pretty good Mary still wontblet me go without my walker but am walking around block twice a day easily. They still telling me no driving and no lifting anything more than gallon of milk. 

• Trubrit
    Options
    vangbi said:

Doing good

Went to postop yesterday they said I am healing pretty good and removed some of the staples. I might start the chemo in 4 weeks depending on my recovery from the surgery at least my blood sugars have settled down and the blood pressure medications are being adjusted down as having low readings but am getting around pretty good Mary still wontblet me go without my walker but am walking around block twice a day easily. They still telling me no driving and no lifting anything more than gallon of milk. 

Keep up the good work

This is good news indeed. 

I am so glad to hear that you are getting the OK from your Docs. Do all that you can to keep yourself healing; the sooner you get into chemo the sooner you get it over and done with. 

Walking is so benificial. Keep up the good work.