Sending Love to JohnybeGood

Phil64
Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member

JBG

Just wantef you to know.. I was thinking about you... Hoping you are doing well... Lifting you up in prayer...

Sending you Love and Light,

Phil

ALL -- PLEASE JOIN IN, SENDING JBG SOME CYBER LOVE.

Comments

• karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    I hope

I hope you are doing well,and getting stronger.

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    karguy said:

I hope

I hope you are doing well,and getting stronger.

Phil & Other Friends

How very thoughtful of you to think of my JBG. I imagine she is "laying low" as she is feeling pretty low right about now. Her surgery is scheduled for Apr. 2. She has a doc appt. on Mar. 31 to discuss specifics. There are several different scenarios & outcomes possible at this point. I believe this is surgery #7. She is just worn out, physically & mentally, but she may post before surgery. I last spoke to her on Mon. night.

Afterward, I will post an update as soon as I know anything.

Luv,

Wolfen

P.S. Congrats on your CEA. My fingers are always crossed for everyone here.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Thanks Phil for giving us

Thanks Phil for giving us this space to send our love, prayers and best wishes to our friend JBG!

Thanks Wolfen for the update. 

JBG - please know you have many folks praying for you and thinking of you.  Wishing you all the best.

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Great post Phil. JBG, you are

Great post Phil. JBG, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

Great post Phil. JBG, you are

Great post Phil. JBG, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Phil thanks

so much i guess God spoke to you about me i was just checking the board this morning before i get ready to leave for all my pre-op today.i will be speaking with my surgen on monday and surgery will be on wednesday April 2.looks like i will be getting a colostomy to divert everything away from the fistula.i had a temporary one once before for 5 weeks and did not do very well with it so my anxiety is very high.i found a quote on my phone the other day i forgot i had put it on my memo pad."Let your Faith be bigger than your fear"hope this helps someone else as it has helped me.thanks again and ....Godbless...johnnybegood

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member

Phil thanks

so much i guess God spoke to you about me i was just checking the board this morning before i get ready to leave for all my pre-op today.i will be speaking with my surgen on monday and surgery will be on wednesday April 2.looks like i will be getting a colostomy to divert everything away from the fistula.i had a temporary one once before for 5 weeks and did not do very well with it so my anxiety is very high.i found a quote on my phone the other day i forgot i had put it on my memo pad."Let your Faith be bigger than your fear"hope this helps someone else as it has helped me.thanks again and ....Godbless...johnnybegood

Nice to hear from you, JBG.

Nice to hear from you, JBG.  You have such a remarkable attitude.  Will be thinking of you.  Stay strong.

Chelsea

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member

Phil thanks

sending happy thoughts your way

Good luck with the surgery and everything. You are a strong person with strong faith, and that should carry you through.

best

Karin

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member

Phil thanks

Sending love and strength your way, jbg...

This is such a hard journey to have to take, but your faith and your friends are walking right beside you.  Hang in there.

Big hugs~AA

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Sending love and strength your way, jbg...

This is such a hard journey to have to take, but your faith and your friends are walking right beside you.  Hang in there.

Big hugs~AA

JBG, please know that you are

JBG, please know that you are mentioned to God each day.  Words fail to to describe the inspiration you have been to many. i always look for your posts. Thinking of you and what you have been through has often kept me from complaining. :)

Hugs,

CM

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

JBG, please know that you are

JBG, please know that you are mentioned to God each day.  Words fail to to describe the inspiration you have been to many. i always look for your posts. Thinking of you and what you have been through has often kept me from complaining. :)

Hugs,

CM

JBG

oh dear girl...you sound so chipper........ I know you do not want to trouble anyone else....sorry you are feeling unsure about this surgery....but you know surgery is good and has done good things for you before so......I pray this one will be good too......your generosity and grace continue to be goal for me JBG.....you amaze me.

I send you deepest love and respect.....mags

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member

Phil thanks

Thinking of you

and hope you feel better soon. My brother had a lot of skin issues when he had the ostomy. His skin was raw. I hope it's easier for you this time around.

Lin

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Phil thanks

Dear JBG

Prayers for all success as you proceed.

If you need me, you know how to reach me.

Hugs and love,

Marie who loves kitties

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

Thinking of you

and hope you feel better soon. My brother had a lot of skin issues when he had the ostomy. His skin was raw. I hope it's easier for you this time around.

Lin

hey lin

that is exactly what happend to me,my skin was just burned off and raw.how is your brother i hope he is doing better...Godbless...johnnybegood

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member

hey lin

that is exactly what happend to me,my skin was just burned off and raw.how is your brother i hope he is doing better...Godbless...johnnybegood

johnnybegood

After my brother's anterior resection, since my brother is intellectually disabled. his surgeon fought with the insurance company to keep him in the hospital until he was ready to be sent to a rehab center. My brother couldn't handle changing the bag and the whole area around the stoma was raw. They had wound care come in and work on it, but no matter what they did, his skin kept breaking down. Luckily, they were able to reverse the ostomy.  Our family has that very light, sensitive skin. It was a long haul for him. 

He has been having one issue after another. He was on warfarin and his INR kept jumping up and down. No matter how closely they monitored him, it just went crazy. One day they did his INR and it was 12.4 so the doctor told me to take him to the hospital for vitamin K. When he got there his INR jumped to over 18, it didn't register on the machine. They admitted him. He stayed in the hospital for several days. Then they tried teaching him how to inject himself with Lovenox shots, which he was able to do, but he couldn't see the markings on the syringe to squeeze out the excess medicine. Dad who lives with him has mild dementia so we didn't feel comfortable having him do it. Then they switched him to Zarelto. He was supposed to resume his chemo again on Thursday but he had some mild rectal bleeding. The onc decided to send him to the gastro who felt a colonoscopy was the best way to see what was going on. Thank God the colonoscopy showed no sign of recurrence in the colon (that would have been a nightmare for him) but he has a rectal ulcer that they think was caused by previous radiation. Right now they are watching him closely, monitoring his blood levels and on Monday I should hear from his onc to see what we're doing about chemo on Thursday. It has been a roller coaster ride. But through it all, he smiles and is patient with everyone. It breaks my heart to see how much he is going through.

How have you been feeling these last few days? I think of you often. I know you have been going through so much as well. You are in my prayers. God bless!

Lin