liver lesion found

heelerchow
heelerchow Member Posts: 1

I was Dx with ovarian Cancer 1c in 2013. i had debulking surgery and 6 rounds of chemo. Prior to my surgery, a CT scan showed a tiny lesion on my liver. My scan immediately after chemo was completed, show it again and said it had not changed. I recently had another CT scan and the report shows it is "slightly increased in prominence". my doctor said we will scan again in 3 months. My CA 125 is stable at 6.

How worried should I be that this is metatisized ovarian cancer? is it common for it to goto the liver?

Comments

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Welcome to CSN heelerchow

Yes, ovarian cancer could metastasize to the liver. Was the tiny liver lesion removed / biopsied during debulking surgery? They wouldn't have staged you 1C if it was malignant, mets to the liver are considered stage 4. I wouldn't worry too much about recurrence unless several consecutive CT scans show steady growth or CA125 doubles over upper normal limit.

Good luck to you! 

• kimberly sue 63
    kimberly sue 63 Member Posts: 421 Member
    I agree with Alexandra.... if

I agree with Alexandra.... if it is the same lesion foUnd with surgery and biopsied as ovarian cancer, then you would have not been a 1c... you would have been a 4 c.   But be proactive and keep it under survallience!Kim

• seatown
    seatown Member Posts: 261 Member
    I've had 'em too. . . .

FWIW, ever since my 1st scans in 2012 there have been small "somethings" on my liver. They haven't changed over the months, & I've been told they're most likely benign. Feeling too lazy right now to look up the detailed findings, but seeing "something" on the liver is not unusual, IMHO.