Good News from Dr.

Got good news today, all 23 nodes they removed were clean, and also all my margins.  So looks like I am cancer free...at least as of today....except..   There was one part of the path that said: "Angiolymphatic Invasion is Present".  In the comments it says: "An immunoperoxidase stain for D2-40 highlights carcinoma within vascular spaces".

I am assuming since the Dr. said that he would not recommend any rad or chemo that this is nothing to worry about.

I also saw the speech therapist.  She gave me a list of simple tongue exercises to do.  She said  the exercises for speech and learning to swallow again are the same.  Definately going to research this one.   After a long Winter being stuck in the house alone all day, except my 7 month old puppy, I am anxious to be able to go out again, even just to the grocery.  But right now I wouldn't  feel comfortable going to the store because if I had to communicate with anyone they would not be able to understand me.

I know my speech, or lack of it, and not being able to swallow are temporary.  But knowing that they got all the cancer and that it has not spread,  well I am extremely thankful. 

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    very good

T8,

I’ll take “cancer free” all day long.

Matt

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Congrats pray it comtinues to

Congrats pray it comtinues to br cancer free

Debbie

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Very happy for you

Yes that is great news. I can see in your writing that you have a very good attitude about the whole thing. That is great to have and will get you to recover that much better. You will have some days that arn't as good but you will get through them better because of attitude. Sometimes the recovery does take time, but keep the faith you will beat this and do just fine. Now if you need to go to the store go, just take a small note book and you will be amazed how nice most people are. It renewed my faith in people, they can be so kind as well. I had a waitress that was so kind it brought tears to my eyes. I was having a lot of trouble asking her a question [when I was eating] and she looked at my and said "it's ok, take your time". When I cleared my throat and could talk again, I thanked her. [Also a big tip] 

Bill

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Clean

Now that is a word we all love to hear, congratulations on the good report.

Hondo

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    that's awesome news!! 

that's awesome news!!  congrats!!

dj

• tongue8ks
    tongue8ks Member Posts: 7
    wmc said:

Very happy for you

Yes that is great news. I can see in your writing that you have a very good attitude about the whole thing. That is great to have and will get you to recover that much better. You will have some days that arn't as good but you will get through them better because of attitude. Sometimes the recovery does take time, but keep the faith you will beat this and do just fine. Now if you need to go to the store go, just take a small note book and you will be amazed how nice most people are. It renewed my faith in people, they can be so kind as well. I had a waitress that was so kind it brought tears to my eyes. I was having a lot of trouble asking her a question [when I was eating] and she looked at my and said "it's ok, take your time". When I cleared my throat and could talk again, I thanked her. [Also a big tip] 

Bill

kindness

I had to go to get my PEG tube checked today.  I was hoping my husband would be home in time to go with

me, but he didn't make it.  Made it there fine, and on my way home decided to stop to get my puppy acouple  new chew toys. 

Went to ask a question and at first was embarrassed that the young man didn't understand what I said, then he told me his Grampa had cancer of the tongue and had a hard time at first talking, but got much better.   I'm sure this is the first of many times this will happen.  But  talking on the phone is even more difficult.  Sure that will get better too.

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    tongue8ks said:

kindness

I had to go to get my PEG tube checked today.  I was hoping my husband would be home in time to go with

me, but he didn't make it.  Made it there fine, and on my way home decided to stop to get my puppy acouple  new chew toys. 

Went to ask a question and at first was embarrassed that the young man didn't understand what I said, then he told me his Grampa had cancer of the tongue and had a hard time at first talking, but got much better.   I'm sure this is the first of many times this will happen.  But  talking on the phone is even more difficult.  Sure that will get better too.

tongue, i've had a

tongue, i've had a laryngectomy and have a hard time being understood.  people at a drivethru can never understand me, they always tell me to drive to the window and take my order there.  talking on the phone is also hard for me.  sometimes i just write down what i'm saying as it gets very frustratuing.  understand tho that i talk thru the hole in my neck and not my mouth.  so unfortunately, this is the best it will get for me but i'm very, very thankful that i can talk at all and i remind myself of that when i get frustrated.....lol.

God bless,

dj

• tongue8ks
    tongue8ks Member Posts: 7
    PEG tube question

I had my PEG tube put in 2 weeks ago tomorrow.  I honestly feel better than I have in months!   My feedings are going good, and I am finally able to get a whole can down 4 times a day, which is what they wanted me to do.  Unfortunately, I have to go really slow, like 30-45 min. a feeding, or I get sick.   So I crocheted a "holster" to hold my syringe to the end of my feeding tube so I can be up moving around, and not always sitting.    So here is my problem, the company I got my supplies from sent me 1 syringe per 6 cans.  But even though I have tried many different ways to wash and dry them, the plunger still gets stuck after one use.  I have smaller ones but the "hub" is so short it won't stay in the end of my feeding tube when I am using my holster.  Which means I am stuck in my chair instead of being up and cooking.  It has been a very long time since I have wanted to cook AND eat!!  I made  broccoli cheese soup last nite, and actually used a spoon to eat it!!     So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    tongue8ks said:

PEG tube question

I had my PEG tube put in 2 weeks ago tomorrow.  I honestly feel better than I have in months!   My feedings are going good, and I am finally able to get a whole can down 4 times a day, which is what they wanted me to do.  Unfortunately, I have to go really slow, like 30-45 min. a feeding, or I get sick.   So I crocheted a "holster" to hold my syringe to the end of my feeding tube so I can be up moving around, and not always sitting.    So here is my problem, the company I got my supplies from sent me 1 syringe per 6 cans.  But even though I have tried many different ways to wash and dry them, the plunger still gets stuck after one use.  I have smaller ones but the "hub" is so short it won't stay in the end of my feeding tube when I am using my holster.  Which means I am stuck in my chair instead of being up and cooking.  It has been a very long time since I have wanted to cook AND eat!!  I made  broccoli cheese soup last nite, and actually used a spoon to eat it!!     So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

What I did to keep the plunger from

getting sticky....after I washed it and the syringe out, I'd rub some cooking oil on the rubber part, stick it back in the syringe and pump it so it wouldn't get sticky down towards the end of the syringe....kind of spread the lube.... :).  I guess I didn't rate, I only got 2 syringes to get me all the way through treatment!! Ha!

Broccoli and cheese soup was the one thing I ate nearly the whole way through treatment......my sister would make a big pot every week for me.  I could actually taste it, and something about warm soup made me feel fed.

p