3rd week of radiation and chemo combo

well..my hunny is on his third week of radiation and so far so good...starting to have trouble swallowing but as long as he keeps ice and water going in all day...its doable right now..hope it continues to be manageable...thank you all for your help and tips...Lysine has helped keep his acid level down..and glutamine has helped to i believe...i think he will be sick of eating eggs before all this is said and done..lol...I so appreciate everyones tips and encouragement...it had made me feel much more prepared!

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    To this day...

I have trouble looking an egg in the eye.....they were pretty much my "go-to" food during treatment.   Glad to hear he's still holding up, he must be pretty close or past the half way mark.

p

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    High PH water

If he is still taking water orally, try the high PH water. It seems quite effective and sure can't hurt to try. Get the 9+ variety.

• ahollie
    ahollie Member Posts: 84
    donfoo said:

High PH water

If he is still taking water orally, try the high PH water. It seems quite effective and sure can't hurt to try. Get the 9+ variety.

what is that?

never heard of that..what is it and where can i get it..ill try anything! thanks!

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    ahollie said:

what is that?

never heard of that..what is it and where can i get it..ill try anything! thanks!

High PH water

You can find it in some grocery stores but certainly more often health type food stores. Essentia seems to be a brand with national reach. Just head over to bottled water and hunt around for a few that are clearly labeled as high PH. I even saw some at CVS so it is around. Good luck

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    3 weeks

Ahollie,

While I commend him on eating, he can switch to a protein drink diet if necessary.

I drank lots of “regular” tap water (filtered sometimes) during treatments and continuing today.  It was a habit picked-up by reading Skiffin (H&N Guru)prior to starting treatments.

Hang in there!

Matt

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    so glad he's doing well and

so glad he's doing well and pray he continues that way!!

dj