Info I Learned On Foot Draw Protocol From Mayo

cinnamonsmile
cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1

For people with bilateral arm/hand LE and Foot Draws:

Mayo clinic lab has a protocol that if you need a foot draw for blood draws, the foot needs to stay elevated for 2 hours afterwards. I forgot to ask why, but am assuming because of blood clots.

My local clinic NEVER mentioned this to me. I told the Mayo tech that and she said she wasn't surprised.

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Thank you for this important

Thank you for this important info!  I am happy to see your post my friend!!!!!  Hope you are doing better?

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Thanks

Thank you for this very important info

• Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Thanks for making us smarter.

It is always great when a sistern can educzte us.  I will remember this information and will past it along.

Hugs,

Janelle

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Thanks for making us smarter.

It is always great when a sistern can educzte us.  I will remember this information and will past it along.

Hugs,

Janelle

its so funny my hospital was

its so funny my hospital was horrifed when I said they should use my foot. But at  my pedi hospital we use what we can get, and even in teenagers and adults.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

its so funny my hospital was

its so funny my hospital was horrifed when I said they should use my foot. But at  my pedi hospital we use what we can get, and even in teenagers and adults.

Interesting ....

I  DO get blood draws from my feet --- did NOT know this.   That you for this information.... i am sure elavation helps with possible blood clots.

Thank you, Thank you,  Thank you,

Vicki Sam