Options
2»

Comments

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Guzzle

I also welcome you to the group here on H&N please stay and become a part of the family.

All the best to you

Hondo

ouch!

Friends awoke with no tonsil and neck dissection alas. Very neat and no mobility issues. Found tiny spot on tonsil. Prob SCC but will get exact results and RT schedule next week. Could be out tomorrow. When staples out will be fit to run / power walk although from what you good people say RT may ut paid to that i

n about a month or so.

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Guzzle said:

ouch!

Friends awoke with no tonsil and neck dissection alas. Very neat and no mobility issues. Found tiny spot on tonsil. Prob SCC but will get exact results and RT schedule next week. Could be out tomorrow. When staples out will be fit to run / power walk although from what you good people say RT may ut paid to that i

n about a month or so.

Tonsils out

Guzzle, having the tonsils out was no picnic but being able to find the primary and something as easy to remove as a tonsil is good news.   I had to wait 3 weeks before my ENT would let them start RT or Chemo but that tonsillectomy was sore for sure and all the ice cream really didn't help:).   

Do you know what type of chemo you will have?  I had Erbitux, which a lot of others on this site have had as well, and it was much less toxic that the older drugs.  Side effect is bad acne but that's something that you can treat and deal with.

Good Luck as you go into the next phase of treatment.  Stay postive that you can beat this thing!

Keith

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Guzzle said:

ouch!

n about a month or so.

Tonsils...

More than likely the tonsils will be the most intense, pain wise of your entire ordeal. At least the most concentrated... But that won't happen for a few days from now more than likely...

If you have RT, that will just be a longer ongoing ordeal, not necessarily as painfulful, though some run into various problems....

John

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Guzzle said:

ouch!

n about a month or so.

guzzle, so glad that part is

guzzle, so glad that part is over and you are doing so well.  i didn't do so well after my neck dissection.  fantastic you may get to go home tomorrow.  don't overdue.  no matter how good you feel, you did just have surgery!  wishing you the best on the next road in your jouney.  keep us posted and i pray the rest goes as good as the surgery did.

God bless,

dj

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Guzzle said:

ouch!

n about a month or so.

Ok...so now the show is on the road....

sorry you woke up sans tonsils or those pesky nodes.....BUT, they have found your primary, that's a plus....and you'll have a few weeks of recovery before your treatment plan kicks in. 

Hey...I remember Leo from here.....he started treatment right about the same time I did.....glad to hear he's posting somewhere :).

p

• Guzzle
    Options

Ok...so now the show is on the road....

sorry you woke up sans tonsils or those pesky nodes.....BUT, they have found your primary, that's a plus....and you'll have a few weeks of recovery before your treatment plan kicks in. 

Hey...I remember Leo from here.....he started treatment right about the same time I did.....glad to hear he's posting somewhere :).

p

thanksuj

I well prepared thanks to my American friends. Consultant just been in. Seems to think HPV related given tiny tumor and large nodes and also thinks only a few nodes involved. Mr.Lancaster is a wizard with the knife and apart from staples NO mobilty issues just a numb ear. He seems to think no peg will be needed.By his estimates only 1% off Clatterbridge patients need them.apparently. I have been fundraising for Clatterbridge for so long it seems like a second home to. So all being well I am really looking forward to getting back to work within 6 months or so. Will post a snap of me in my Police Inspectors uniform. And my friend you were right. The tonsil is the worst bit. If it was just the dissection would get through this bit on paracetomol I think. Up for the fight and thanks again.

• Guzzle
    Options
    Guzzle said:

thanksuj

I well prepared thanks to my American friends. Consultant just been in. Seems to think HPV related given tiny tumor and large nodes and also thinks only a few nodes involved. Mr.Lancaster is a wizard with the knife and apart from staples NO mobilty issues just a numb ear. He seems to think no peg will be needed.By his estimates only 1% off Clatterbridge patients need them.apparently. I have been fundraising for Clatterbridge for so long it seems like a second home to. So all being well I am really looking forward to getting back to work within 6 months or so. Will post a snap of me in my Police Inspectors uniform. And my friend you were right. The tonsil is the worst bit. If it was just the dissection would get through this bit on paracetomol I think. Up for the fight and thanks again.

Leo

Leo posted me on cancer chat UK. He lives here in Liverpool and is a fellow LFC fan. LFC have very good US owners and they are flying in the soccer premiership!

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Guzzle said:

thanksuj

made my day

He seems to think no peg will be needed

Right on brother!

• Guzzle
    Options
    donfoo said:

made my day

He seems to think no peg will be needed

Right on brother!

peg

Hope hes right!