Yearly check up

GerryS
GerryS Member Posts: 227 Member

Just returned from Mayo for my yearly ct scan and check up.  NED.   I am four years out from dx and IL surgery and follow up chemo (cisplatin + 5FU).   I am grateful and humbled and continue to pray for all of us fighting this disease. I was dx stage2N1M0.    Keep on fighting!

Gerry

Comments

• Sally.L
    Sally.L Member Posts: 40 Member
    Great News

That’s great to hear.  4 years is a pretty significant milestone.  Congratulations and thanks for posting.  My husband Paul will have his two-year scan next month.   Always a little nervous as the scan date approaches but he’s feeling fine and I’m confident he will get good news as well.  

• Deathorglory
    Deathorglory Member Posts: 364 Member
    Congratulations!!

Four years out and NED, excellent for you.  Hopefully, you have a permanent solution to an ugly problem.

Ed

• South Side Steve
    South Side Steve Member Posts: 32
    Congratulations

Congratulations, Gerry!  I also was diagnosed T2N1M0 Stage IIB and am two years out from Ivor Lewis surgery. My last scan was also NED. Here's to many more years of NED scans for everyone fighting this cancer.

Steve

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Great to Hear!!!

Gerry,

It is great to hear you had a clear checkup. We are both now four years out.

I continue to thank God for the gift of each day. May there be many more years!!!!

Best Regards,

Paul Adams