Help with mild thrush...

Options
phrannie51
phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716

I could of posted this earlier, but now that it's worked 3 times for me, I'm going to share it.  This probably wouldn't work for a massive case of Thrush, tho it could bring relief until someone can get to the Dr. for meds.  Since December I've had Thrush 4 times...in January I took Diflucon.....but when it came back the end of January, I decided to try the probiotics ONLY because I had some on hand....like what the hell, they can't hurt me Laughing.

Primadophilus Bifidus....can be bought in the refrigerated part of the health food store.  It comes in capsules that can be opened....so I twist one apart, pour it on my tongue....add some water, and swish and gargle....doing this for about 3 minutes a couple times a day....voila!!  Thrush completely gone in 3 days....

I seem to get thrush every time my husband gets a cold, and my body starts fighting said cold....but this has worked now 3 times....

p

Comments

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Wow

Thank you for sharing.  I always feel like I am on the verge of thrush.  Having had it so often during treatment, I will definitely give it a try.  Do you swish and spit or swish and swallow?  How do I go about saving this post?

• Ginadet
    Ginadet Member Posts: 8
    Options
    I am going to try this now!

I am going to try this now!  Hopefully, this will work for me too, as I have been battling thrush since last Friday and Nystatin and Diflucan have not gotten rid of it.  Thanks Phrannie51.

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Silly question

Silly question.  Does it have any taste?

• Ginadet
    Ginadet Member Posts: 8
    Options
    KTeacher said:

Silly question

Silly question.  Does it have any taste?

The one I used had no taste.

The one I used had no taste.

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    KTeacher said:

Wow

Thank you for sharing.  I always feel like I am on the verge of thrush.  Having had it so often during treatment, I will definitely give it a try.  Do you swish and spit or swish and swallow?  How do I go about saving this post?

It has no taste really....

I make sure my tongue is wet when I pour the stuff out of the capsule so it will stick and I don't breath it in....then I add a decent mouthfull of water, and start swishing and gargling....hold, gargle some more...till about 3 minutes have passed, then swallow it. 

Now I'm wondering if I just took a capsule of it everyday, if maybe the thrush would stay away???

I tried Acidophilus before, but this particular probiotic seems to work so much better. 

p

• jtl
    jtl Member Posts: 456
    Options
    Probiotics are good

We make our own (Kefir water) because it has a lot more "living bacteria".  If you flavor it during fermentation it is pretty tasty.  The Kefir grains just keep growing like yeast culture.  It does have a small alcohol content so it may not be for everyone.