Options
2»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    ahollie said:

Yes..we were aware of

Yes..we were aware of that..just hoped that 3 weeks would be at least a long enought time for him to be able to make it to her graduation..being able to travel etc....they said they would give him a break if needed but then it would be right at the same time as she grads...

Travel...

Travel really depends on how he feels and what he can deal with...

More than likely he will be weak for lack of good calorie intake.. But if he feels good, has been doing some exercise just to test the waters on endurance, after effects etc.., taking in plenty plus hydration and supplementing calories with Ensure Plus, Boost or similar. He probably shouldn't have a problem.

As for the port and flying, I had my port in for two years post rads. It's all enclosed in silicone..., I never had a problem, and never mentioned it after the first metal scan no picking it up..

here's a photo of what mine looked like;

p

My guess is he will know when that time comes if he's up for it...

Best,

John

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Going thru rads without stopping

Ahollie, like several others, I was able to finish 34 radiation treatments and 7 Chemo without stopping.   At the end I just wanted to get it finished as soon as possible.  If he finishes treatment on April 25th and your daughter gratuates on May 10th, he will probably just start feeling decent about that time (a couple of weeks after the last radiation).  

Congratulations on the daughter's graduation and best of luck as you guys start the journey.

Keith

• fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    no break

i went the no break system, 38 treatments along with chemo

not fun but was thrilled just to have it done

good luck

john 

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Options
    No breaks....

There was no suggestion made to my loved one to have breaks.....he rolled on through it, but the last couple weeks were a little rough and he would have loved to stop.  I would count on getting through your tx and getting it over with!

God Bless,

~C

• fishmanpa
    fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    The finish line

I did 30 rad treatments and 6 weekly chemos.... I probably could have gone one more week if I had to but I was a hurtin' pup by the end of 6 weeks.

Positive thoughts and prayers

"T"