Do not worry if I disappear off and on....

Options
CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

I love you all, but wedding activities are really heating up now and I am conserving energy wherever I can.  Today, I have an oncology checkup, tomorrow chemo, Friday geneticist appointment, Saturday wedding shower, etc. There is much planning and invitations are going out just as soon as the stamps arrive.  The invitations are soooo pretty.  They are engraved and the script was designed by a local calligrapher.  A little splurge, but they are truly a work of art.  Busy trying to schedule a few dance lessons and help my sisters plan a ladies' luncheon (they love out of town).  Just sooo busy.

But, all things considered, I am doing so well.  My scans are clean, my markers have been within normal limits X 3 (after accepting for years that they would always be abnormal).  Current therapy seems to be really kicking my cancer in the pants.  Now, if it will just stay kicked in the pants!!!!

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Congrats!

My son is getting married in June. Best wishes to all.

Laughing

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Congrats!

My son is getting married in June. Best wishes to all.

Laughing

Congratulations to both

I am so happy to see you both busy with weddings. Sounds like a very happy time! Best wishes to all

Tell us about your dresses.

hugs

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    wow exciting

wow exciting times...

Denise

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Special Moments in Life...

Enjoy every second of this wonderful occassion in your life, your daughter and your husband.

Live it up and when it is over, we want to hear all about it.

My very best to you,

Doris

• tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO

Great reasons to be unavailalbe!  Have a ball through all of it!

• grannabeth
    grannabeth Member Posts: 95
    Options
    Glad you notified us. . . .

I would have been VERY worried if I did not see your weekly posts.  I have been thinking about you lately since my daughter got engaged on Christmas Eve.  In fact, we are leaving for Nashville in the morning to spend the weekend planning more wedding stuff. There's dresses to try on, cakes to taste, caterers to talk to, and we are meeting the future inlaws for the very first time as well as celebrating our future son-in-laws birthday.  It's gonna be a busy weekend.

So I understand COMPLETELY what you mean about being so busy.  CC just make sure that you rest often so that you can enjoy this wonderful time.  Please post photos after the wedding. I am so glad that you are doing well with all your scans-- I am feeling really well myself right now, too.  Have appointment with my oncologist on Tuesday to determine if I can go back on my tamoxifen after having to discontinue in Dec. due to some heart issues.  I really want to go back on, because I want to do everything possible, as you say, to kick cancer's butt. 

Best wishes to your daughter and all of your family as you celebrate the wedding.

Beth

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Glad you notified us. . . .

I would have been VERY worried if I did not see your weekly posts.  I have been thinking about you lately since my daughter got engaged on Christmas Eve.  In fact, we are leaving for Nashville in the morning to spend the weekend planning more wedding stuff. There's dresses to try on, cakes to taste, caterers to talk to, and we are meeting the future inlaws for the very first time as well as celebrating our future son-in-laws birthday.  It's gonna be a busy weekend.

So I understand COMPLETELY what you mean about being so busy.  CC just make sure that you rest often so that you can enjoy this wonderful time.  Please post photos after the wedding. I am so glad that you are doing well with all your scans-- I am feeling really well myself right now, too.  Have appointment with my oncologist on Tuesday to determine if I can go back on my tamoxifen after having to discontinue in Dec. due to some heart issues.  I really want to go back on, because I want to do everything possible, as you say, to kick cancer's butt. 

Best wishes to your daughter and all of your family as you celebrate the wedding.

Beth

That's a great reason to disappear!

But try to squeeze us in now and then.  Your priorities are in order - the wedding and joy first.  So glad treatments are doing their job.

Suzanne

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Enjoy!

Hope all goes well.  Things will fly by.  Can't wait to see pictures and a video of your dancing after the lessons!

xoxo

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    I got tired just reading...

...about your doctors' appointments, chemo, shower.  And then -- just so no one thinks you're lazy or anything Surprised -- dance lessons and a luncheon!

So I'm tired just reading about all you have going on, but am so glad most of it is joyous and fun.  You deserve this time, CC, and we'll be thinking of you and eager to hear all about it!

Traci

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Yes, CC!!!

Conserve your energy for the all-important upcoming special events! Enjoy each & every one!!!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S. to Marcia: HELLO! Congratulations for your son's upcoming nuptials!

• ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    later

have fun and i love youyr smileSmile