IL2 blog

13»

Comments

• thaxter
    thaxter Member Posts: 124
    Got one dose last night and

Got one dose last night and rigors came on really late --3 hours plus. This mornin BP was 84/49 so they have me on a drip and an automatic cuff

• thaxter

Got one dose last night and rigors came on really late --3 hours plus. This mornin BP was 84/49 so they have me on a drip and an automatic cuff

• thaxter
    thaxter said:

Got dose 2

Not too many SEs but little sleep the last two nights. Don't know if I will get another omN day three as my BP has been below 90 most of the day and last creatinine was 4.3 

• JoanneNH
    JoanneNH Member Posts: 115
    thaxter said:

Got dose 2

Not too many SEs but little sleep the last two nights. Don't know if I will get another omN day three as my BP has been below 90 most of the day and last creatinine was 4.3 

Thanks!   Really appreciate

Thanks!   Really appreciate your blog.   Hope your B/P stays steady and that creatinine comes down!

• thaxter
    Got out Saturday--first post Thursday

I got only 3 doses during week 2 of IL2 because my creatinine shot up to over 5.  Also my BP was under 90 following 2 of the treatments which means they put you on a drip and an automatic BP cuff and take your BP every 15 minutes and adjust the meds up or down.  Took all night to get pressures consistently over 90 so they could.  My kidneys were still outputting but the creatinine was as high as they wanted to go.

Recovery has been slower mostly because of the skin issues and a lingering flu like feeling.  I'm peeling, itching and cracking from head to toe and the anti-itch medicine doesn't really eliminate the symptoms.  So I'm just sort of vegging out--appetite is good and most foods taste alright except for really salty things like potato chips.  Ensure was really helpful in the hospital because the food was so bad but I could get Ensure whenever I wanted.

So I'm in hold mode until 4/21 when I have a new CT scan and thankfully get the results from the Dr. the same afternoon.  If all goes well I get to do this again!

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    thaxter said:

I got only 3 doses during week 2 of IL2 because my creatinine shot up to over 5.  Also my BP was under 90 following 2 of the treatments which means they put you on a drip and an automatic BP cuff and take your BP every 15 minutes and adjust the meds up or down.  Took all night to get pressures consistently over 90 so they could.  My kidneys were still outputting but the creatinine was as high as they wanted to go.

Recovery has been slower mostly because of the skin issues and a lingering flu like feeling.  I'm peeling, itching and cracking from head to toe and the anti-itch medicine doesn't really eliminate the symptoms.  So I'm just sort of vegging out--appetite is good and most foods taste alright except for really salty things like potato chips.  Ensure was really helpful in the hospital because the food was so bad but I could get Ensure whenever I wanted.

So I'm in hold mode until 4/21 when I have a new CT scan and thankfully get the results from the Dr. the same afternoon.  If all goes well I get to do this again!

OTH...

One Tough Hombre!!!

Good to hear from you,now get some rest, you've earned it!

• Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    thaxter said:

WOW

Heres hoping for a positive CT result and hoping your kidney steps it up a little next time.

• CommuterMom
    CommuterMom Member Posts: 120
    thaxter said:

I hope you are well and have

I hope you are well and have positive results.

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311

I hope you are well and have

I hope you are well and have positive results.

Hoping!

Hoping the news is all good!

Sending you prayers of good health!

Brenda

• DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Break Time!

Hey Thaxter,

It feels good to know you have a break, doesn't it? I hope you get to go for another round. Thinking about you!

David

• Darron
    Darron Member Posts: 310 Member
    thaxter said:

quality, not quantity

You got some good doses in. Your body will make the most if it!

Rest up and get ready for a great scan and mire rounds!