portable sucktion machine

Options

Ahhh finally heard when I can leave rehab.Have doing everything on my own but now I speach class using a vocal device on the trech.Anyway they are going to order me a portable suction machine to take home my question is can it be used in the car also.I thought I heard they can plug into the car and run on 110 at home.My brother says I might have to take medical transportation I say I won't need it.

Comments

• Ladylacy
    Ladylacy Member Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Suction Machine

My huband's suction machine has a plug that you can use to plug into your car.  His plugs into the electric outlet at home.  Ask them to order one that runs on batteries and electric and plugs into your car.  

Sharon

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Plug it in

If the machine does not have a 12v plug you can get at just about anywhere now a step up power supply from 12v to 110v. All you do is to plug it into you cars 12v outlet and wham you have 110 voltages. You might need someone to pick it up for you before you leave the hospital. Living on a PEG tube and traveling like I do I find a lot of fast food places don’t have 110v outlets, so I have my truck rigged with a convertor from 12v to 110v at 800 watts to run my NutrBullet on the road. I find that there is always a way. Wish you well on your healing and way home.

Hondo  

• thennies61
    thennies61 Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Hondo said:

Plug it in

If the machine does not have a 12v plug you can get at just about anywhere now a step up power supply from 12v to 110v. All you do is to plug it into you cars 12v outlet and wham you have 110 voltages. You might need someone to pick it up for you before you leave the hospital. Living on a PEG tube and traveling like I do I find a lot of fast food places don’t have 110v outlets, so I have my truck rigged with a convertor from 12v to 110v at 800 watts to run my NutrBullet on the road. I find that there is always a way. Wish you well on your healing and way home.

Hondo  

Thought there is a way

Thought there is a way convert just about anything.She is going to look at a battery back up.Just for traveling till doctor takes it out.But at this point I have it capped most of the day and will sucktion in the morning as I clean up.They made a big thing about being tranported to the doctor by medical van but now that it somewhat capped doesn't seem to be issure

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    Options
    MACHINE ON THE MOVE

I have a DEVILBISS Home Care Suction Unit, from APRIA Healthcare, that is AC and recharable battery operated which works great for traveling.  If you had a unit like this you won't have to worry about plugging it in your vehicle.  I'm a trachee too, and use an Electro Larynex for speech.  If you have not already done so, you might want to check out the International Association of Laryngectomees on the web, it is another great group, and they have an abundance of information available for laryngectomees.  Best wishes in finding a suitable suction machine solution.

PATRICK

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    my machine works on battery

my machine works on battery or electric.. i only plug it in when it says battery is low.

dj