Five years ago today!

Options
roseann4
roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

Today, five years ago, I received my diagnosis of breast cancer.  It was 3 weeks before I was told it was Stage 1 lobular bc.  So glad for every day I have am alive and every birthday is a blessing.  I don't come back to this site as often as I used to but the support I received was wonderful.  Thanks ladies!

Roseann

Comments

• 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    5 years

Roseann

I too am 5 years from the day I heard the news it was Feb. 9 for me.  I know how you feel. To me it seems like so long ago and then something will trigger it for me and it seems like just yesterday. I like your prospective of enjoying each and everyday. I think I kind of overdid the fun stuff this year in January I went to Disneyworld and I just got back from a 4 day trip to Oahu HI in which on Feb. 9th  I hiked Diamond Head and at the top I held out my five fingers in a salute to life. I then began to cry , I just don't know why it became so emotional to me but it did.  Love surf

• RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Well Done

Well done to both of you ladies.  May your good health continue.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Well Done

Well done to both of you ladies.  May your good health continue.

I am so PROUD of both of you!

Congratulations - and may good health, continue to be part of your life.    I wish you success in reaching new goals, and milestone.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

• PJS2005
    PJS2005 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    When you were diagnosed with

When you were diagnosed with breast cancer , did you change you lifestyle, ex eating ,  exercise , weight control?  congratulations on your 5 years!! the best to you! 

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    PJS2005 said:

When you were diagnosed with

When you were diagnosed with breast cancer , did you change you lifestyle, ex eating ,  exercise , weight control?  congratulations on your 5 years!! the best to you! 

Congratulations

These are the stories of encouragement that I think are so important for new members to read.  Congratulations and thanks for letting everyone know about your success.  I'm now 3+ years after completing my treatments for Stage 1 IDC and it feels so good to feel good and have less anxiety (not none, but a lot less) about the whole ordeal.  May you both have continued good health.

Suzanne

PJS - I'm going to strart another thread about lifestyle changes so the topic won't get lost.

• cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to the both

Congratulations to the both of you! So good to hear the wonderful news and how grateful you are!!

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    HAPPY ANNIVERARY......
    DENISE

HAPPY ANNIVERARY......

DENISE

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    5 Years?

Congratulations for this important milestone! With best wishes for many, many more.

Kind regards, Susan

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

5 Years?

Congratulations for this important milestone! With best wishes for many, many more.

Kind regards, Susan

Nice!!

Happy news!

xo

Victoria

• gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH...

I am sorry I didnt see you two had special birthdays. Five years..how wonderful. Wishing many many more to come. 

Hugs, Diana

• sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Options
    gagee said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH...

I am sorry I didnt see you two had special birthdays. Five years..how wonderful. Wishing many many more to come. 

Hugs, Diana

5 years Yeah

Roseann and Surf

Congratualtions on 5 years, I also will hit that milestone soon, I think May or June, forgot the actual date and month, remember surgery date  July 29th, 2009 though. 

I also am so very grateful for the support received on this site during that scary time, diagnosis, surgery, rads, I come here ever so often to read, however hardly ever post, as I have no news to add or any special ideas or help to add, my bc was fairly ordinary.

Hope and pray we are coming back in 10 years to say Yeah, we made 10.

Best wishes to everyone

sgamtd

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I love these milestones soooo

I love these milestones soooo much!!!!  Thank you so much for sharing and congrats!!!!!

• Kayla1
    Kayla1 Member Posts: 101
    Options
    April 23, 2009 Diagnosis - Stage 2 Lobular BC

Congratulations Ladies, I too will be reaching my 5 year mark next month.  Once I had two years of Oncologist appointments and had good results I felt I could breath again!  I only have to live with the side effects of Tamoxifen.  Enjoying each day with family and friends!

Bless you for sharing as we all need to give hope to those who are newly diagnosed and going thru treatments we have survived.

Cheryl