Lung Cancer lower right lobe of lung-Thorocotomy

snickers63
snickers63 Member Posts: 2

I had a thorocotomy in November of 2012,with the lower lobe of my right lung removed. I was in ICU for 12 days. The surgery went well, no complications that I was told of, but, the pain from the surgery has not diminished . I have gone thru all of the required rehabs. Pulmonary,as well as, physical. Also had 2 nerve blocks done , and a thorcentisis. Nothing stops the pain, uncluding every imaginable pain medication. I am pretty active, walking my  dog, cleaning the house, doing yard work, ( can't shovel snow or mow the lawn ) but the pain stays. Somedays it is so bad I have terrible difficulty breathing. I would love to know if anyone else has or is experiencing these symptoms, and, what you are doing for relief. Thanks For Listening.

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Have you investigated less

Have you investigated less traditional pain treatments?  There are a couple of people in my support group that have had good results with accupuncture.   

• dennycee
    Also, I've had good pain

Also, I've had good pain relief from Fentanyl patches.  Have you tried morphine or methadone yet?   If there is a Palliative Care physician in your hospital they are very good at dealing with this type of issue.  Please don't confuse them with hospice, the palliative care is about symptom management.  

• sarahfreeh212
    sarahfreeh212 Member Posts: 1
    I am going through diagnostic

I am going through diagnostic program at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America in IL.  My largest nodules are in my lower right lobe.  May I ask what type of lung cancer it was you were diagnosed with and if you had any symptoms. Just anything from your experience would be very helpful and I would appreciate it more than words can describe.  I hope that your pain is finally under control... I know how challenging living with chronic pain is <3 

• dennycee

I am going through diagnostic

I am going through diagnostic program at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America in IL.  My largest nodules are in my lower right lobe.  May I ask what type of lung cancer it was you were diagnosed with and if you had any symptoms. Just anything from your experience would be very helpful and I would appreciate it more than words can describe.  I hope that your pain is finally under control... I know how challenging living with chronic pain is <3 

Welcome to the ACS lung

Welcome to the ACS lung cancer board!   My stage 4 adenocarcinoma of the lung was diagnosed in Oct of 2010.  At that time my primary was 12 cm on its largest measurement.  I had mets to the opposite lung, lymph nodes and a malignant pleural effusion.  At that time I was told I might live another 10 months or so with aggressive treatment.  As it turned out I am considered a super or complete responder.  

I have a friend who has been going to CTCA one is very happy with her treatment.  

• snickers63
    snickers63 Member Posts: 2
    dennycee said:

Also, I've had good pain

Also, I've had good pain relief from Fentanyl patches.  Have you tried morphine or methadone yet?   If there is a Palliative Care physician in your hospital they are very good at dealing with this type of issue.  Please don't confuse them with hospice, the palliative care is about symptom management.  

pain

Hi denny

Sorry for the horrible delay responding to you. I still have pain, not as bad as it was, but, still very annoying, and very limiting in my daily functions. I am going to look into Palliative Care. Thank you so much for the information. I will be in touch.

So happy to hear you well