2»

Comments

• Phoebesnow
    Phoebesnow Member Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    sandysp said:

Good Luck

I am sorry you have this diagnosis.

I don't think the 5FU and radiation are the protocol for Basel cell. From what I understand Squamous Cell really responds to the radiation with the 5FU infusions but Basal cell does not.

I do not know what the protocol is for basal cell cancer of the anus. 

You are in my prayers and I hope the treatment isn't too terrible.

Where are you? Are you at a major cancer hospital receiving care?

Hang in there,

Sandy

Protocol

Yes it is the protocol 5fu topical or radiation and a few other alternatives.  Take a look on Wikipedia if you have doubts.it suprised me to when the doctor gave me options.  I have decided on surgery. I have never taken basal cell seriously, but I do now. They take a big piece because of the borders, a month to heal, she said.  I have a big hole in my arm from the last one.n. the other was done by a plastic surgeon as it was 4 inches length that they cut up the side of my face when I was in my twenties.

Its on my back by my bra strap, the other one she biopsies off my neck came back precancer.

I have kaiser and yes I am happy with the care tht I am getting.  

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    sandysp said:

Evolution

I chose the word "fear" from as taken from your post, which I won't take time to quote. The word in the sense I was using it really was meant to refer to a respect for all aspects of our lives, including health, sickness and death. We all make the effort here to make our decisions here eyes wide open. Which is why we always read your posts and open your links.

Your posts are lively and informative but sometimes condescending. Thank you for your participation. As you can see, I speak up too and that is what is so great about this board.

Sincerely,

Sandy

Phoebe

Sorry to hear you have yet another cancer to deal with. 

I wish you well & a speedy recovery. Will be thinking of you

Kind regards

Liz x