Vulvar cancer surgery (Vulvectomy) and doing very well.

Options
13»

Comments

• Hope80
    Hope80 Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Newly diagnosed vulva melanoma, surgery scheduled soon, radical vulvectomy. Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you

• kycatina
    kycatina Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Is this thread currently active? I have just been diagnosed and want to see if anyone is still on here.

• Hope80
    Options

Hello, I too have been waiting for someone to respond. I am so sorry of your diagnosis. I am sure you are frightened of the unknown. Surgery coming up for my sister-in-law the 19th of this month for radical vulvectomy as well. When is yours scheduled? I will keep you informed of the steps take as this unfolds for her so maybe it can better prepare you. Hopefully someone on here will answer our posts that has gone through this and can help us . I will be praying. 🙏

• Missy2
    Missy2 Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I'm sorry to hear of the vulva carcinoma in this room.

How was this cancer found? I ask because my Dr and I are talking about a hysterectomy because he can not get into my cervix and I have suspicious symptoms.

He can't tell if I have cancer without a hysterectomy.

But, I am having Breast Surgery first for Breast Cancer......

• Hope80
    Options

So sorry to hear all you are going through. I hope someone can help you on here. As for my sister in law hers was melanoma , she had a cyst that began to bleed and had to be removed and suspicious areas, after biopsy it came back as vulvar melanoma. Again I am so sorry and pray someone on here will respond to your post that can be of some help to you.🙏

• Missy2
    Options

Thank you "Hope"...I'm bleeding but they can't SEE WHY....so they are going to give me a hysterectomy..after my Breast is straightened out.

• Hope80
    Options
  • Missy2
    Options

Thanks again. I feel good about it....I am a WEIRD person.

I actually felt relieved to be diagnosed with Cancer as I have been waiting my entire life to hear those words.

My Grandfather died of Cancer when I was very young so I was really impacted by his passing and the word CANCER.

I don't think I would have been relieved if the breast was in later stages...and I don't think I will be relieved if my girl parts are loaded with Cancer...but for right now I am relieved they found it early in the breast and I am getting so much exploration done...that I feel protected now.