Survey: Partial Laporscopic Nephrectomey for small Tumor

2»

Comments

• CommuterMom
    CommuterMom Member Posts: 120
    sewmommy said:

diana, i dont know what your

diana, i dont know what your relationship is like with your mom... i'd talk to her. yes she will worry, but perhaps she can help comfort you and shoulder some of your burden. As far as valentines day goes, it's likely to be a pretty hazy one! just my experience, but the sooner you can drink water and swallow pills the better - the morphine iv made me stupid and still in pain, the oral hydrocodone helped much more with pain. 

My Mom

Sewmommy,

My relationship with my mother is fine. The problem is she is a total alarmist.  She is frazzled by little things.  I don't need her freaking me out either. I just figure I'll tell her a few days before I go in for surgery and not let her have to deal with this for too long beforehand.  I have had some time to let this all sink in for a while and I think I am in good hands and feel hopeful that I caught this early. I have the support of my father who has recently undergone treatment for TCC in the kidney and had a nephrectomy last year. (He and my mother are not together.) I'm lucky for his support because my husband is acting like that this is going to be a trip to the dentist.

• CommuterMom
    CommuterMom Member Posts: 120
    sewmommy said:

im now three weeks out from

im now three weeks out from my robotic lap partial nephrectomy... at 33yrs old. i came home on day 3 and could have gone to work at a desk job at 2 wks. i still cant lift my little kid (35lb)without feeling a "scary" internal pulling, but im fairly comfortable.

SewMommy,
    How are you feeling

SewMommy,

How are you feeling now?

When was your surgery?