Phil64 Update

Phil64
Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member

Yesterday was my 50th birthday...  The onc calls with results from my recent CT and MRI.  I wasn't expecting to hear results until Thursday during our scheduled appointment so he caught me off guard. Bad News and Good News: The bad news is that I have a spot on the liver.  The good news is that it is very close to the surface and easy to get to. So I'll be talking to a surgeon on Thursday instead of the onc.

It seems like this cancer is relentless.  Oct 21, 2013 scans show a clear liver. Tumor in colon but Liver and other organs are ALL CLEAR.  Colon resection done on Dec 2, 2013. Then January 24 scans show tumor in liver. Just recovered from colon resection and back onto the cutting table.

I am lucky it is operable!

But I have to admit I was hoping for better news on my 50th Birthday.

Shivering in Michigan.

Phil

Comments

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Happy Birthday yesterday Phil!
    I'm sorry you got that call on your birthday, but better that the onc is on top of things and taking action. We got some surprising news last night, too. Onc came to visit my husband in the hospital, said new tumor removed last week makes his cancer stage 4, quite a shock to us, to say the least. After some tears and talk, we are focusing on recovery from this surgery and the good outcome we want from all this. Bad news is always hard to hear, but we seem to be able to deal with it easier each time since we entered Cancerville. Focus on the positive, I know it's easier said than done. Welcome to the 50s!
  • BusterBrown
    BusterBrown Member Posts: 221 Member
    Happy Birthday Phil! 50 has a

Happy Birthday Phil! 50 has a nice ring to it, enjoy...

Buster

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    Always have ...

~ Cynthia

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Always have ...

~ Cynthia

We'll Take The Good News!

First, 50 is good! I remember that number, so long ago. 60 wasn't bad either. 70 sounds awful. I'm sure I'll hear from Danker on that one.  LOL

Second, so glad the liver tumor is operable. Hope ablation is an option. JBG says that is so much easier than a resection. Whatever choice, I'm hoping for a great outcome.

Luv,

Wolfen

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Welcome to the wonderful fifties!!!

I'm glad the tumor is operable. Also glad that you're bouncing back from the resection. That's one heck of a doozie of an operation. Anyway, I hope the liver surgery is an easy one. Best wishes and Happy birthday!

Lin

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    So Sorry

Phil,

That sounds like a one two punch!!  That has to tough to take.  Good news is that 50 is not old and this is a good thing.  My motto is one day at a time: Carpe Diem.  

This may not help but I am also scheduled to see the surgeon in the morning for another liver resection.  Yes UGH is right.  Good news for both of us is that there is hope in surgery.  

Granted....I am not 50 anymore but still hope to have enough pluck to make a good showing.

You are a warrior and can fight this thing!!

High hopes of successful sirgery,

Art

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Hey Phil,

Happy birthday first of all and many many more.

About your liver surgery, the good news is that it is close to the surface. You have always had a great attitude and you will be fine.

Let us know the plan,

Laz

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    lp1964 said:

Hey Phil,

Happy birthday first of all and many many more.

About your liver surgery, the good news is that it is close to the surface. You have always had a great attitude and you will be fine.

Let us know the plan,

Laz

Hope you enjoyed your day!

Hope you enjoyed your day!  Surface is good. The took out 60% of my liver.   Hard surgery but they let me go home in 5 days. 

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I am sorry to hear about the

I am sorry to hear about the spot Phil but you have the right attitude by being thankful it is operable. You have been through a lot but you are a fighter and a man of faith.