Nano Curcumin next gen Cancer treatment ?

Options

Hi guys, as you all know curcumin is very promising as a treatment, many here are supplementing treatment plan along with curcumin. Myself for my mom who suffers from cervical metastasis she's on Curcumin and so far it helped significantly reduce radiotherapy side effects and improve chemo therapy response.

She's been on BCM95 curcumin, so far so good no issues.

However, it seems there is a new discovery by the name of "NANO CURCUMIN" which is curcumin processed by nanotechnolgy, it's been under research for couple of years by John Hopkins University however no actual product came out of the university other than research. But the good news is, ive stumbled upon a Viatnamese company who does research on curcumin who just recently created NanoCurcumin.

I don't wanna post any links in fear of looking spammy, but its called CumarGOLD Nano Curcumin. At 40x absorption rate (compared to bcm95 7x) I strongly believe this might potentially cure cancer with proper administration. HOwever this is just my opinion based on my own research and readings. 

I would love to know if anyone got their hands on nanocurcumin and if not, maybe you can get some of it from this company ? I would love to try it however at the moment i am unable to find a way to source it from viatnam. 

This seems very promising in my opinion and would love to hear your thoughts! thanks

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Curcumin

Since my cancer returned for the 3rd time in 2008, I have been reading about curcumin on many forums and boards for bc and bcmets.  Many women have used it but it never cured their cancer.  However, there are other medicinal usage for this product.

Doris

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Curcumin may hold promise,

Curcumin may hold promise, but I would advise caution in proceeding on your own.  More research needs to be done.  This is still frontier therapy.  If you are Stage 4 and can find a legitimate clinical trial, I would go for it. 

"Cancer is the second leading cause of death in the United States. Conventional therapies cause widespread systemic toxicity and lead to serious side effects which prohibit their long term use. Additionally, in many circumstances tumor resistance and recurrence is commonly observed. Therefore, there is an urgent need to identify suitable anticancer therapies that are highly precise with minimal side effects. Curcumin is a natural polyphenol molecule derived from the Curcuma longa plant which exhibits anticancer, chemo-preventive, chemo- and radio-sensitization properties. Curcumin’s widespread availability, safety, low cost and multiple cancer fighting functions justify its development as a drug for cancer treatment. However, various basic and clinical studies elucidate curcumin’s limited efficacy due to its low solubility, high rate of metabolism, poor bioavailability and pharmacokinetics. A growing list of nanomedicine(s) using first line therapeutic drugs have been approved or are under consideration by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to improve human health. These nanotechnology strategies may help to overcome challenges and ease the translation of curcumin from bench to clinical application. Prominent research is reviewed which shows that advanced drug delivery of curcumin (curcumin nanoformulations or curcumin nanomedicine) is able to leverage therapeutic benefits by improving bioavailability and pharmacokinetics which in turn improves binding, internalization and targeting of tumor(s). Outcomes using these novel drug delivery systems have been discussed in detail. This review also describes the tumor-specific drug delivery system(s) that can be highly effective in destroying tumors. Such new approaches are expected to lead to clinical trials and to improve cancer therapeutics."

"Curcumin showed excellent anticancer properties yet its inherent poor solubility, higher metabolic activity and poor pharmacokinetics properties hamper its ability to emerge as a potent medicine for cancer. In addition, since curcumin is a natural compound, there would be some regulatory and intellectual property right issues in regard to using curcumin as a drug. However, through developing proper formulations, i.e., nanoformulations are possible to get approval. Nanoparticle technology of curcumin is one of the frontier areas in medicine which will improve human health care. Interest in this area has been emerging worldwide over the last few years. Curcumin nanoformulations may offer numerous advantages including improved efficacy, tumor targeting, reduced systemic toxicity, compliance and convenience. A simplified and standardized approach is necessary to obtain curcumin nanoformulations. The process should not be extensive which would make the formulation costs minimal. In this perspective, curcumin nanoformulations based on cyclodextrin assembly, PLGA and magnetic nanoparticle formulations are highly appropriate. Oral and intraperitonial dosage nanoformulations are more preferred which reduces patient visits and also the cost burn enormously. Future pre-clinical and clinical investigations are required to gain in depth information about curcumin nanoformulations to translate as drug candidates to treat cancer(s) alone or in combination with other therapeutic modalities."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3640558/