Ultrasound Surgery

js0057
js0057 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2014 in Brain Cancer #1

Good morning,

My wife suffers from a grade II astrocytoma in the left temporal lobe.  The tumor was resected in 2010 and returned in 2012.  Radiation therapy was completed in February 2013 and the tumor appears to be stable but is still quite large.  I recently viewed a video from TedMed which featured Yoav Medan explaining a process he developed to treat tumors with ultrasound therapy thereby avoiding surgery. He had patient examples that were receptive to the therapy and I'm asking if anyone has further information on this and any doctors who may be performing this.  

The doctors advised me that the average life expectancy after radiation therapy is 2-5 years and she recently had a seizure after being seizure free for 8 months.  I'm getting desparate and could use so help and advice. I attached a link to the TedMed video here.

http://www.ted.com/talks/yoav_medan_ultrasound_surgery_healing_without_cuts.html

Thanks much,

John

Comments

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Contact InSightec and their clinical trial investigators

US Offices
    InSightec Inc.
    Suite 400 – 4851 LBJ Freeway,
    Dallas TX, 75244, USA
    Tel: 1-214-630-2000 or

Toll-free 1 866 392 2528

InSightec Inc.
    10501 W Research Dr. Suite G100 Milwaukee, WI 53266 , USA

Corporate Headquarters
    InSightec  Ltd.
    5 Nachum Heth St., POB2059
    Tirat Carmel, 39120
    Israel
    Tel: 972-4-8131313

Brain Tumors Clinical Trials  www.clinicaltrials.gov  identifier: NCT01473485

The purpose of these studies is to evaluate the safety and feasibility of ExAblate Neuro using transcranial MRI-Guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery in the Treatment of Brain Tumors. This is being conducted in Canada and Switzerland.

• Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, Toronto, Canada  (ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01473485)

Principal Investigator: Todd Mainprize, MD
                 Study coordinator:   Julie Gundry 
                 Tel: 416-480-6100, ext 7362  e-mail: julie.gundry@sunnybrook.ca

• Zurich University Children's Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland  (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01698437)

Co-principal investigator: Javier Fandino, MD and Ernst Martin, MD
                 e-mail: ernst.martin@kispi.uzh.ch