Comments

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    mdug412 said:

Dj,
    My husband's name is Tony

Dj,

My husband's name is Tony and he was diagnosed 7/28/13.   His cancer is HPV+ and they staged it at Stage 4 due to lymph node involvement on both sides of his neck.  After the radiation oncologist and medical oncologist pushed the Surgical ENT to perform another biopsy they found a tumor at the base of his tongue on both the left and right side.   He started with chemo on 8/26 - Cisplatin, Taxotere and 5-FU.   He had two rounds of chemo and started radiation on 10/31.   He will have his Pet scan around 3/17 and we are hoping for NED.

You are so right about not having to go out for radiation, he had his treatments at Christ Hospital and it's been nice not having to go there every day.  We have been very pleased with his oncologists and the treatment plan.   Congratulations on having this behind you and being cancer free.  What a blessing!

Missy

thank you, Missy.  Tony was

thank you, Missy.  Tony was dx on my sister's bd.  I will be praying for NED, can't wait to hear you post it!  March will be here b4 u know it.

dj

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    donfoo said:

Welcome

Welcome to CSN Brybry.

I contribute my success to a blend of great medical care, nutrition, and positive attitude that I would come through this horrid experience a better, stronger person.

Well said!

Missy & Tony

I saw some signs of improvement within 1st week post tx. but really felt that I turned the corner week 5. By week 6 I had all of my energy back plus some.