2nd time around

tcaba
tcaba Member Posts: 41

Well it's been a while since I posted although I do follow the board.  This friday will be port placement day and Monday starts the first round of chemo for recurrecnt EC. Radiation seemed to knok it back a bit but not good enough.  So on with Cisplatin and Taxotere. I'm really kinda spooked about this one, I just can't shake a feeling,  maybe it's because I've known pretty much what was happening since May 21st. Thats a long time to think you know. 

I know stay positive ...and for the most part I do.  The high dose radiation caused inflamation and swelling inside my chest wall which is quite uncomfortable and pretty painful at times.  Lortab helps but it's been since end of August and now on steroids to allevite systoms but not my much is happenings.  At least both my occurences were caught early so I want to feel pretty good about it.

If any of you know of a person experiencing any difficulities  with swallowing and excessive heart burn PLEASE convince them to at least see a doctor.  You never know until they look that all is well and too late may just be too late.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

TO ALL OF US

AND

BEST WISHES!!

Comments

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Wishing you the best on your treatment

I am so sorry to hear about your recurrence. I had chemotherapy with Cisplatin after my surgery. So far it seems to have worked for me. Recurrence is always in the back of our minds. I hope your treatment goes well with minimal side effects but with maximum effectiveness.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams

McCormick, South Carolina
    DX 10/2009 T2N1M0  Stage IIB - Ivor Lewis Surgery  12/3/2009 - Post Surgery Chemotherapy 2/2009 – 6/2009
    Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU - Four Year Survivor

• birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    2nd time around

As always catching things early seems to be key for so many people.  Like Paul I hope treatment is effective with few side affects.  I'm sure it is harder to be positive when you are experiancing pain from the radiation.  Hopefully they can get that under control for you soon. 

Take Care and Happy New Years.