Christmas Blessings

qv62
qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member

Christmas blessings and special wishes to all for a healthy and happy New Year ! Hope you have all been touched by the magic of the season, I have been keeping quite busy and have not had much time on the board but didn't want the week to go by without letting you all know I am thinking of you. I had a visit last week with the doc (stopped at St Pats and said a special prayer for all of you) was able to see the tree have some lunch and do some shopping with my daughter in between appts. Met witht he pain management doc again and all went well, then saw my surgeon/oncologist for a check up, she wants to see me again in 4 weeks, seems my visits are getting closer together again instead of further apart. We are basically just waiting to schedule the next biopsy. She will be using a differnt technique this next time by performing a punch biopsy to go deeper into the tissue since my last couple came back inconclusive. I have been told this could compromise my functioning which I am somewhat hesitant about but it seems like the next step. Still having good days and bad days, the good days are good and the bad days consist of pain, itching, bleeding and leakage, needless to say it is frustrating. I questioned the HRA and she said I am beyond that, we also spoke about sending my next pathology outside of MSKCC and thankfully that can be done without a problem. now back to waiting.....

Comments

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    It's not easy...

...to balance normalcy and this disease. I'm glad you squeezed in some holiday activities between appointments.

I wish you all the best,

Laz

• Marynb
    Marynb Member Posts: 1,118
    Qv
    Merry Christmas! I am so glad to hear from you and glad that you had some mother-daughter shopping therapy in the city! You are in my thoughts and prayers. I just wish they could treat this with the standard protocol so that you could move on with your life! I hope you are taking good care of yourself these days! Very best wishes to you to have a much better 2014!!
  • mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    qv62

I want to wish you a very Happy New Year and I hope that there will be a resolution to your ongoing issues early in 2014 so you can move on with your life.  Take care and know that I am thinking of you.

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    Laz, Mary & Martha

Thank you all for the good wishes and confidence, although I don't have a crystal ball I feel this next biopsy will be the one to send me on my way to treatment, I will keep you posted. I see the doc mid January so I am thinking she may schedule me for the OR in February but this is just speculation for now. She has expressed her frustration on my case at the last visit and told me that all the pathologists know me by name, I have to say I can think of better ways for my 15 minutes of fame, lol. I hope you are all doing well, please keep me posted on how you all are getting on. 

• Marynb
    Marynb Member Posts: 1,118
    qv62 said:

Laz, Mary & Martha

Thank you all for the good wishes and confidence, although I don't have a crystal ball I feel this next biopsy will be the one to send me on my way to treatment, I will keep you posted. I see the doc mid January so I am thinking she may schedule me for the OR in February but this is just speculation for now. She has expressed her frustration on my case at the last visit and told me that all the pathologists know me by name, I have to say I can think of better ways for my 15 minutes of fame, lol. I hope you are all doing well, please keep me posted on how you all are getting on. 

Qv
    I will continue to pray for positive results and that you don't need another surgery! Stay strong and take good care of yourself!
  • sandysp
    sandysp Member Posts: 868 Member
    Outrageous

I am sorry, but what you have had to go through seems outrageous to me. But I guess there has been no other alternative.

What you have endured is really really rough. I remember the early part of my diagnosis which was stage III but I also had some ovarian cysts that we could only hope were benign until they operated. It's the in between time that is so difficult.

I admire your courage and your perserverance. It will pay off.

I believe Psyllium Husks could help you with your leakage. Have you tried them? I buy organic Psyllium Husks from the Vitamin Shop. Dr. Weisner's nurse said it was the only thing that works and she is right. It has really helped me and I am not the same when I go off of it and have many difficulties with leakages. It can still happen to me but it's almost never now.

Good luck. I hope to see you soon.

Fondly,

Sandy