She Said "Yes :)

Options
fishmanpa
fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member

I wanted to share the good news with my H&N family. I asked Marcia to marry me and she said yes :)

I did the "Christmas Story" proposal. Those of you familiar with the movie "A Christmas Story" know that it's the story of a little boy who wants a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas. He gets told by everyone including Santa "You'll shoot your eye out kid". Despite that, his hopes are that Santa will come through. Christmas day comes and they open all the presents and the BB gun wasn't under the tree. His Dad asks him if he got everything he wanted and he says yes with a disappointed tone in his voice.

Well, Marcia had been dropping hints for some time and I knew she was hoping for a ring  So that's what I did. Santa was very good to her with things that she had wanted and mentioned through the year. So after all the presents were opened (at 2 in the morning mind you!), I asked her if she got everything she wanted and on queue just as I knew she would, she said "Yes" with a slight disappointment in her voice ~lol~ I basically said that she has been with me through everything and saw the worst of me and if she could stay through all that, then she deserves the best of me 

No plans as of yet for a wedding... one step at a time ;)

Comments

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Congratulations "T" & Marcia

Many years of happiness to both of you!!!

Luv,

Wolfen

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    yes

“T”,

All I see is the “Best” in you.

Congratulations!

Matt

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Wonderful!!!

Congraulations to you and Marcia.........you're right.....she stood beside you through the worst of times....you've got a good woman, so take advantage.  I'm excited for you guys!

p

• fishmanpa
    Options

Wonderful!!!

Congraulations to you and Marcia.........you're right.....she stood beside you through the worst of times....you've got a good woman, so take advantage.  I'm excited for you guys!

p

Like Beyonce' Said

If you like it better put a ring on it!

Positive thoughts, Merry Christmas and chocolate!

"T"

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Congrats….

I can't wait to see the photo of your tongue stuck to the flag pole..., and of course the Stocking Leg Lamp....

Many years of happiness to you both,

John

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Silly me!

I thought that you were married!  Well she stuck with you this long, she is definitly a keeper!

• fishmanpa
    Options
    KTeacher said:

Silly me!

I thought that you were married!  Well she stuck with you this long, she is definitly a keeper!

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

I had planned on proposing last year but cancer got in the way. Last year at this time I was 4 days post palatine tonsilectomy/biopsies, in beyond imaginable pain and a narcotic fog. I truly don't remember Christmas day. 

She dropped a lot of hints and that was my legitimate excuse and stall tactic until the ring was paid for ;)

Positive thoughts 

"T"

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wedding

Congratulations, a lovely Christmas story with a happy ending. I love happy endings. you really deserve each other after all the heartache. a happy new year is about to happen...enjoy each other

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    congratulations T and

congratulations T and Marcia!!  i know you will be very happy.  lots of wishes for a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

God bless you,

dj

• lornal
    lornal Member Posts: 428
    Options
    Congratulations!

Congratulations!

• Charles77066
    Charles77066 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations.

Congratulations.

• j4mie
    j4mie Member Posts: 218
    Options
    Congratulations!

T and Marcia...here's to many, many years of happy memories to come!

Jamie

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    fishmanpa said:

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

I had planned on proposing last year but cancer got in the way. Last year at this time I was 4 days post palatine tonsilectomy/biopsies, in beyond imaginable pain and a narcotic fog. I truly don't remember Christmas day. 

She dropped a lot of hints and that was my legitimate excuse and stall tactic until the ring was paid for ;)

Positive thoughts 

"T"

What a great story!

Congratulations to you and your bride-to-be!  Christmas proposals always make great stories, but yours is extra-special!  Just another bit of proof that there is life (married life) after cancer ;).

Mike

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Options
    I am SO

happy for y'all!  It's obvious you two belong together, and I'm thrilled that 2013 is wrapping up in such a happy, positive way for you!  Many, many congrats!!

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and

Congratulations to you and Marcia. May you have many years of happiness.

Debbie

• spector551
    spector551 Member Posts: 109
    Options
    Happy

I'm so happy for you, T!!

God bless,

Jamie

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!

"T",

Wishing you two the best that life has to offer! You both been through hell but life is great every day you have together. Congratulations! "Foo"

• katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Options
    Way to go T !

Love, love ,absolutely love this POST !  Congradulations to Marcia and yourself.  All I can say is way to go......live....laugh and most importantly LOVE !  Hugs sent !  Katie

• sin9775
    sin9775 Member Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Wow, I stay away for a couple days and I look what I missed!  Congratulations to you and best wishes to Marcia!  I wish  you both a long lifetime of love, good health and happiness!

~Shawn~

• catfish_58
    catfish_58 Member Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    2 thumbs up

Alright good things do come to those with fish in their name.Congratulation wishing you years upon years of happiness.